Valued Contributor

Re: If / When There Is A Vaccine, Will You Get It?

I well absolutely get the vaccine if it's recommended for my age.

Super Contributor

I'd be leery about it.  Every time I had a flu shot, I was sick like a dog.  

Respected Contributor

No

Valued Contributor

100% YES. 

For the past few years I've also received double flu shots (first one in October provided by employer, 2nd one after holidays/first of the year). For the first time this year my doctor recommended the over 65 shot + pneumonia shot, so this year I actually got an under 65 and an over 65 Smiley Tongue.

I trust my doctor with every fiber in my being. We've been together 20+ years. While I'm only 52 I have an auto immune disease and he's helped manage it beautifully. I owe him a lot, and credit him with being part of the reason I can still work 60+ hours a week at a job I love. 

I feel very fortunate to have him in my life.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Only if our PCP recommends it for us.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Yes although depending on how fast tracked the clinical trials are. 

Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think that I would get the shot.

Would you?

No. Not unless my overall health was compromised.

Funny thing is, everyone is running around like Coronavirus is new. This strain is, but farmers in my area have vaccinated their cows against Coronavirus for years. 
My suggestion would be to turn off the "news" and wash your hands and home surfaces.

Honored Contributor

No....not until it has been proven effective and safe.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think that I would get the shot.

Would you?

No. Not unless my overall health was compromised.

Funny thing is, everyone is running around like Coronavirus is new. This strain is, but farmers in my area have vaccinated their cows against Coronavirus for years. 
My suggestion would be to turn off the "news" and wash your hands and home surfaces.

There are scores of Coronaviruses, the common cold is one.  COVID 19 didn't have a name when it first was discovered so they had to use the classification and now the media is reluctant to call it what it is COVID 19.  We've all had a cold, many of us have had the flu so most of us have had a Coronvirus at some point in our lives.  Just not this particular one.  There was a psychiatrist on TV  who said that once public paranoia sets in, it feeds on itself and the best thing we can do to dial it back is just stop watching news coverage about it.  The CDC and our own physicians and health insurers are putting out all the best and useful information.  The media is just stoking the flames of paranoia because viewers and readers are good their business.    

Honored Contributor

I want to know how they plan to test it, if it works and if the doctors agree it's safe for the age group I've grown into now.  We'll see in time, what's reported and as always, what our doctors recommend for us.