Esteemed Contributor

Re: If I See One More News Story on This I'm Going to SCREAM

@RainCityWoman wrote:

GMA this morning went on and on about it, though they approached it from a humorous standpoint. People need to realize that a court artist is doing these sketches very fast and does not have time to actually draw a portrait. Who cares if Tom Brady looks or doesn't look like himself in a fast sketch? In fact, I don't even see why this whole thing is a major news item. The NFL should just let them all play without any rules, and the last man standing wins. It's a sport that doesn't apply the rules evenly anyway. I watched the QB from my city's team take a deliberate hit to the head after play had already ended, and no one was penalized for it. This is the sport where they claim they want to cut down on brain injuries. Yeah, sure.

I am a Giant fan but support Brady...but years ago...Joe Montana stated Lawrence Taylor ended his career with a deliberate hit.  Deflating balls, first a judge will determine innocence or guilt but really....the "crime" is silly and the rule ludicrous...eliminate the rule...let them play...Brady would have won the game if he were throwing a bowling ball. 

Honored Contributor

I'll never forget the hit that ended Joe Thiesmann's career.  I cringe even now just thinking of it.......

Esteemed Contributor

I think the whole story is overblown. Have not seen portraits so no comment on that part. 

As Far as I am concerned, this case as no business being in a court room.

Unless he broke a "written legal law", it should stay within the rules of the NFL. Someone or several someones put this man in the Commissioner position. If the NFL Rules say he makes the final decision? End of story.

Rules are written for a reason, and I am quite sure the rules of the NFL were not all written and put into effect by 1 man. The rule seems pretty clear to me and if the footballs used broke that rule? Again, end of story.

I've competed in many very different types of sports, all of which had specific rules. Break a rule and again, end of story/end of me competing. Ignorance of the rules? No sale! It is up to each competitor to know them.

I don't care what sport at what level, Weekend Warrior/Amature/Semi-Pro/Minor or Major League. A Rule is a Rule is a Rule. Break them at your own peril regardless of your name/annual salary or position on/in a team sport.

Tom Brady or John Doe, you suffer the same peril when you break a rule. Bad rule? Who cares, you broke it. Bad rule? Do something to get it changed within the "SPORT not the COURT"!

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I like the drawing, best caricature I've seen of Tom.

Honored Contributor

Smart move on the part of the artist......turned the spotlight on himself (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Herself????

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

GMA this morning went on and on about it, though they approached it from a humorous standpoint. People need to realize that a court artist is doing these sketches very fast and does not have time to actually draw a portrait. Who cares if Tom Brady looks or doesn't look like himself in a fast sketch? In fact, I don't even see why this whole thing is a major news item. The NFL should just let them all play without any rules, and the last man standing wins. It's a sport that doesn't apply the rules evenly anyway. I watched the QB from my city's team take a deliberate hit to the head after play had already ended, and no one was penalized for it. This is the sport where they claim they want to cut down on brain injuries. Yeah, sure.

I am a Giant fan but support Brady...but years ago...Joe Montana stated Lawrence Taylor ended his career with a deliberate hit.  Deflating balls, first a judge will determine innocence or guilt but really....the "crime" is silly and the rule ludicrous...eliminate the rule...let them play...Brady would have won the game if he were throwing a bowling ball. 

The point is you either have rules, play by the rules, and enforce the rules or you don't. If that can't happen, then you might as well do away with all the rules and let them have a free for all, no holds barred. Tom's the BMOC, but I don't think he's above reproach. I don't think any peon acted without Tom's knowledge, and the destruction of the phone is too timely to overlook. I'd be a lot more impressed if he actually admitted it, took his punishment, and came back to win once again.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Herself????

Sorry!    I didn't pay a lot of attention to the "who done it" part.......just thought the whole thing was amusing...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm lovin' the judge, he asked Goodell point blank if there was any evidence linking Brady to the tampered equipment in question..............crickets, lol.

Honored Contributor

I agree, this way they don't have to cover 'real news'....something they have not done in a very long time........they would not know a real story if it bit them in the b.u.t.t.