Trusted Contributor

If I See One More News Story on This I'm Going to SCREAM

I am so tired of seeing the "headline" story about the artists' rendition of Tom Brady in court yesterday.   It is all over local and cable news!   So what!   So the drawing doesn't look like Tom Brady.   It's not supposed to be a portrait or hung in the NY Museum!    

I have never seen such a waste of news time on a story that is meaningless.   On my local news, this story was ahead of a story about an armed robbery last night.    Seriously?

I guess now we have to be politically correct to not have court artists draw "goregous celebrities" in a bad light.  

I've seen worse renditions.

And in the end, who cares!    I've seen this now for the past 48 hours, enough already!

Regular Contributor

Re: If I See One More News Story on This I'm Going to SCREAM

What could the possible correlation be of the Brady courtroom drawings and political correctness? I'm tired of all the PC references to anything and everything.

Honored Contributor

I see and hear often in our society now a days that many people totally miss the point of something like a news story or a conversation or a post here on the board because they instead concentrate on some ridiculous tiny little point like this instead of the whole thing. I don't get it either but really, are people today unable to pay attention long enough to figure out what the the message of a news story or a conversation is. If anything is longer than a text are they unable to continue to concentrate?

Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts exactly..........gimme a break!!!

Honored Contributor

I have not seen any artist renderings of Brady, I have heard the judge has signalled to both parties he expects them to go back to arbitration.......

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the artists rendition of Brady is spot on. I have always though Brady looked like Lurch on the Addams family.  IMO, I believe Brady to be a cheater as is his coach.

Honored Contributor

This is the first I've heard of it and I had to go look it up.

You might want to give NPR, PBS, Al Jazeera America, or BBC World News a shot. I don't usually hear things like this on any of those stations or shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe it was his fans on social media creating the flurry of news stories.  It was ugly and Brady is a fox and just a fun story....lighten up!  It is better to hear/read that story than about politics, emails, etc....  As far as his case, it will be decided in a court of law where it should be not by a bunch of meatheads who devalue women.  Go Tom?  Haven't you ever done anything without asking your boss because you thought he/she would be pleased? I have.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@physicsnut wrote:

I think the artists rendition of Brady is spot on. I have always though Brady looked like Lurch on the Addams family.  IMO, I believe Brady to be a cheater as is his coach.

I'm hearing the artist apologized to Brady, I don't think it resembles him at all, it is supposed to support a news story, not be a poor attempt at a cartoon drawing.

Brady.jpg

Respected Contributor

Here I am smack, dab in the middle of Patriot's country and I have not heard a single word about that drawing.  Not from the media and not from fans.  It appears to be a non issue in the Boston area.