Super Contributor

If Carolyn says "pop" one more time...

...my brain is going to pop!{#emotions_dlg.mad}

(Now I know why Elvis shot out his televisions.)

Super Contributor

Re: If Carolyn says ""pop"" one more time...

Speaking of pop, love Carolyn but she needs a larger size in those pedal pushers.. They are all wrinkled up in all the wrong places..
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so tired of that word! I want to gag!!!

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

ITA but I'd better not get started; Carolyn is NOT my favorite host

Esteemed Contributor

speaking of Carolyn and pedal pushers....do you own any of the How Smooth...I really don't understand the concept of struggling into the pants in order to get them up...

I have to use the potty, often, during the day...I would not want to struggle in and out of them all day and evening...what is the point of them....

Respected Contributor

They all have their oft-repeated words! I guess it's hard to always say something new about the same old product.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

There are certain buzzwords in the shopping channel industry. If you watch HSN, they use the same words (i.e. pop, go-to, fabrication, etc.). I'm sure they try to vary their words as much as they can, but when you have to present the same products day after day, there is bound to be a lot of repetition.

(edited by TG)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 circles said:

speaking of Carolyn and pedal pushers....do you own any of the How Smooth...I really don't understand the concept of struggling into the pants in order to get them up...

I have to use the potty, often, during the day...I would not want to struggle in and out of them all day and evening...what is the point of them....

I own a couple pairs of the pants.....got them when they were the TSV. I ordered them in my regular size which is just perfect for me. And I have never had to struggle to get them on. I do believe that if you have larger hips you might have to struggle, but I don't have that problem with them. I too think Carolyn should be wearing a 16 (she said she is wearing a size 14) because of the way they look on her. And they wrinkle on her all the way up her legs.

Wanted to add to this, believe she said the pedal pushers were new today.

Edited by me.

Honored Contributor

I am watching the show......and one thing I would like to know is why do they have the models wear a scarf around their necks when they are trying to show what the neckline is like. Also, it is way to warm to be wearing a scarf around the neck now.

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 Topaz Gem said:

There are certain buzzwords in the shopping channel industry. If you watch HSN, they use the same words (i.e. pop, go-to, fabrication, etc.). I'm sure they try to vary their words as much as they can, but when you have to present the same products day after day, there is bound to be a lot of repetition.

(edited by TG)

I also notice this with the major new networks. They get a new word and everyone seems to pick up on it and use it a too much.