Honored Contributor

They're not going to put Caitlyn Jenner in jail or even take him to court.  I just watched TMZ today and they said it unusual even for it to go this far.

I know the lady who died didn't have any immediate family.  Her late husband had 2 children who are supposedly suing Jenner.  Who knows how much of this is true (it's from TMZ).

It's just sad anyway when someone dies.  Supposedly, Jenner was not on his phone.  He was probably taking large doses of hormones at that time.

Speaking as someone who takes HRT and is almost 70 (gone through menopause) I can tell you hormones will affect you.  I don't know and I know it's not an excuse, just saying.  It's so sad that the lady died.

Trusted Contributor

They said she was speeding.

There may be a costly civil suit that she'll have to pay on.

She had to be going pretty fast to hit the car and make it go into the other lane and get hit that hard.

Trusted Contributor

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

She had to be going pretty fast to hit the car and make it go into the other lane and get hit that hard.

Hope so.

Honored Contributor

There's no one that could really sue. The stepkids were not close to the victim. They say they are, because they see $$. 

Respected Contributor

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

She was not speeding. She was going under the speed limit but was considered to be traveling at an unsafe speed for the traffic flow.

Honored Contributor
She won't do time and might blame the whole thing on hormones.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

Cait is facing a possible one year in prison for vehicular manslaughter. Would that be a men's or women's prison?

It doesn't come with a prison sentance, it's one year in county jail. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

This doesn't seem like a criminal case.  Jenner wasn't speading, drinking, on drugs, or even texting.  Careless, yes, criminal, no. Of course, it is tragic and horrible that the other driver died. This seems like it should be civil case, not a criminal case, IMHO. Think about all the hit-in-the-rear car accidents.  So many people loose focus for a few seconds and bam.  Anyway, we'll see what the DA does.

The investigation found that he was driving faster than conditions warranted so that can be negligence. In the end it depends on if any charges are brought and what they are. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

From the little I've read, I don't see why the woman who was jit didn't just turn her wheel ....  and what about the car that did hit her?      

Assuming Caitlyn caused the whole thing seems a bit odd ... there were other drivers in that accident .....  or did I miss something?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

From the little I've read, I don't see why the woman who was jit didn't just turn her wheel ....  and what about the car that did hit her?      

Assuming Caitlyn caused the whole thing seems a bit odd ... there were other drivers in that accident .....  or did I miss something?

The oncoming car did nothing wrong, they were traveling in their own lane and you know how fast accidents happen.

Besides, the Hummer was in a lane of PCH next to the cliffs, they had nowhere to go, other than cross into the oncoming lanes, to avoid the Lexus.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.