Respected Contributor

she could say it was not her and blame it on Bruce :-)

Honored Contributor

it was an accident......and someone lost their life......

cait wont serve any time, but it isnt because the court system goes easy on the rich and famous. i am sure this accident haunts cait every single day.

my father and aunt were killed by a drunk driver.......and my mom was seriously injured and was in shock trauma for several weeks and in and out of the hospital for over a year for various problems. do you know how much time the DRUNK DRIVER served in jail? 17 months.....17 months for killing two people. he should never have been behind the wheel to begin with.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

sunshine45 wrote:

it was an accident......and someone lost their life......

cait wont serve any time, but it isnt because the court system goes easy on the rich and famous. i am sure this accident haunts cait every single day.

my father and aunt were killed by a drunk driver.......and my mom was seriously injured and was in shock trauma for several weeks and in and out of the hospital for over a year for various problems. do you know how much time the DRUNK DRIVER served in jail? 17 months.....17 months for killing two people. he should never have been behind the wheel to begin with.

Sunshine - I'm terribly sorry for your losses and all the suffering and trauma your mother went  through because of this.    It's maddening and that this DRUNK DRIVER basically got a slap on the hand is positively infuriating.   {{{{hugs to your family}}}

Also agree with you and the others that Ms Jenner won't end up serving time because of the nature of the accident.    She did not cause the accident.  IIRC, she was the second car behind the car that actually caused it.

Of course it is horrific that somebody had to die, but this is very different than somebody intentionally or carelessly causing this woman's death.

As to the questions about which prison she would go to - that would be dependent upon what her LEGAL gender status is.  At the point of having received the necessary operations to change gender, the doctor issues a legal certificate that one can take to the DMV and other entities that use gender in their classifications, to have the gender class changed.  (in case anybody ACTUALLY wonders how these things work)   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't know why most of you say he/she will not got to jail, because of who he/she is or because it is California?  He/she is being charged with manslaughter, that is a serious offense!!!

Honored Contributor

hooty wrote:

I don't know why most of you say he/she will not got to jail, because of who he/she is or because it is California?  He/she is being charged with manslaughter, that is a serious offense!!!

The penalties under California's vehicular manslaughter/gross vehicular manslaughter law depend on whether you acted with

• gross negligence, or
  • ordinary negligence.

If you acted with gross negligence, you will be charged with Penal Code 192(c) gross vehicular manslaughter—a wobbler in California law. This offense may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.5

The maximum misdemeanor sentence is one (1) year in county jail—and the maximum felony sentence is six (6) years in state prison.6

But if you acted with only ordinary negligence, then Penal Code 192(c) is a California misdemeanor. The maximum sentence will be one (1) year in county jail.7

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

The penalties under California's vehicular manslaughter/gross vehicular manslaughter law depend on whether you acted with

• gross negligence, or
  • ordinary negligence.

If you acted with gross negligence, you will be charged with Penal Code 192(c) gross vehicular manslaughter—a wobbler in California law. This offense may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony.5

The maximum misdemeanor sentence is one (1) year in county jail—and the maximum felony sentence is six (6) years in state prison.6

But if you acted with only ordinary negligence, then Penal Code 192(c) is a California misdemeanor. The maximum sentence will be one (1) year in county jail.7

Yes, she was charged with misdemeanor manslaughter.  I am pretty sure there will be no jail time.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

From the little I've read, I don't see why the woman who was jit didn't just turn her wheel ....  and what about the car that did hit her?      

Assuming Caitlyn caused the whole thing seems a bit odd ... there were other drivers in that accident .....  or did I miss something?

What I underlined - you're kidding right?  It's the victims fault?

No, I wasn't blaming the victim ..... but most people who know how to drive also know how to turn the wheel to recover if they slip or slide and end up in the wrong place ..... you can be sure that most people who find themselves going into the next lane will automatically turn the wheel to the right to get back into the proper lane.  

The wheels obviously weren't positioned to go straight ahead ....  does anyone know why that was?

Respected Contributor

Someone died, and that is a horrible tragedy.  As long as it wasn't DUI, I don't see how going to jail helps anyone.

It was a car ACCIDENT, so I just don't see jail time.

Bruce/Caitlyn may end up paying in a civil case, but I don't see jail time, celebrity or not.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

Beats me!  I know the ones that have a "gender change(paid by the taxpayers)while incarcerated", are moved to their whatever gender they end up being, with surgery or without.

That is my understanding. I don't know that for a fact.

hckynut(john)