Respected Contributor

Re: Idris Elba's new magazine cover (mmm...)

Beyond handsome. I have been following his career for years, such a good actor.

Honored Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

Well now, what a nice way to start my day!  Thank you Heart

Since we're sharing, have you seen this music video Idris starred in & directed, by the group "Mumford & Sons"?  Enjoy the opening moment when he appears to gaze into your eyes when he wakes up, lol.  Really love the message of this song, hope you guys will share your opinions on what you think the message is, and what does the wild animal signify, do you think?  

'Lover of the Light' by Mumford & Sons, starring Idris Elba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJUbZrNnA8&list=RDnMJUbZrNnA8

What a beautiful song.  I must say I wasn't sure of the message so I cheated and read some of the comments below.  Then I watched the video again.  He is blind and made breakfast for for 2, chatting with a lost loved one.  He's wondering through the woods looking for the light and found it.  

It's wonderfully acted.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

I love the song, which is good because I've puzzled over that music video many times. As far as the message of the video, what I finally came up with is that he is blind, and wakes up from a dream in which he ran free to a cliff-side, unencumbered by his handicap.  I think the animal symbolizes his instinct guiding him safely to the Light.  At first he wakes up, remembers his dream, talks to himself while preparing breakfast & scoffs at being able to actually act out his dream for real--such a risk for a blind man!  But he finally faces his fears & goes for it.  It is very touching, isn't it?  Always tears me up.  

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Valued Contributor

Mmsfoxxie, I meant to add that for as many times as I've watched that music video, I never 'got' that he is making food for 2!  I just assumed he wanted 2 poached eggs, lol.  Thank you for that, I had missed it. 

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

Wow! (insert wolf whistle) purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Everything about him is just so right. 

Honored Contributor

I have been "in love" with him since The Wire and Stringer Bell.  He is the epitome of gentle masculinity.  I just might faint.Image result for peanuts characters

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

Mmsfoxxie, I meant to add that for as many times as I've watched that music video, I never 'got' that he is making food for 2!  I just assumed he wanted 2 poached eggs, lol.  Thank you for that, I had missed it. 

Yeah, he had 2 plates and he seemed to be talking to someone at the table.

I love it when we have mature actors to focus on instead of just youngsters.  I love that he's handsome, not pretty.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Thank you.  Seriously.  Thank you.

LOL

Honored Contributor

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

Well now, what a nice way to start my day!  Thank you Heart

Since we're sharing, have you seen this music video Idris starred in & directed, by the group "Mumford & Sons"?  Enjoy the opening moment when he appears to gaze into your eyes when he wakes up, lol.  Really love the message of this song, hope you guys will share your opinions on what you think the message is, and what does the wild animal signify, do you think?  

'Lover of the Light' by Mumford & Sons, starring Idris Elba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMJUbZrNnA8&list=RDnMJUbZrNnA8

And a funny Graham Norton talk show compilation with Idris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGtXM0NnJQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbTxlOQBTq0

Enjoy Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the vids, SNM.  8)