Respected Contributor

Re: Idle Thoughts About Our Friends Across the Pond

@SharkE wrote:

At least Camilla never packed her bags and left the country. She stayed in background and seen it thru to the end. Queen always respects loyalty and

keep your mouth shut.

Well of course she was going to see it thru to the end. She wasn't going to give up her chance to become queen someday,  NOT a Camilla fan.   Loved Diana and used to find it funny when she'd refer to Camilla as "the Rottweiler".

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

At least it's only Queen Consort.

That will be Kate's title too.  Only the wife of the King, the inheritor.  Queen Elizabeth is Queen Elizabeth since she inherited the throne.  Prince Philip was the Prince Consort, the spouse of the Monarch.  It can be confusing with all the titles.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Diana cheated first. I admire Charles and like Camilla very much. Diana, like Harry, lacked intelligence. Interesting that none of the men with whom she had affairs lasted long.

Honored Contributor

Some of the posters on these forums make my day. I need laughter in my life and I find it here. Keep it up everyone!

Honored Contributor

The Brit's probably dont give a rats b^tt what we think.  We have our own problems with rank and file, so we need to keep our mouths shut.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Diana cheated first. I admire Charles and like Camilla very much. Diana, like Harry, lacked intelligence. Interesting that none of the men with whom she had affairs lasted long.

That's true, she started with her bodyguard.

I like Charles and Camilla, they are both very decent people who don't go out of their way to harm others or the monarchy. They are responsible and can be relied upon.

Charles is not the ogre Diana made him out to be.

But she knew how to play the media and how to play on people's emotions.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I think it is absolutel the right thing to do. She has never made a spectabcle of herself, and does a good job now in her role as Charles' wife.  You can see they are in love.

Charles should have been able to marry her to begin with and apparently they were always in love.  I think the fact that they are happy and she pitches in and does her job, seems to say this is a good move and another good and right decision by the Queen.  

He didn't marry her in the first place , because she was already married. Diana was much too good for him in my opinion, and he was fooling around with this gal on the side. I don't care when she becomes Queen, but the world knows she's a replaced wife.  

@HLP My view is that there was a lot going.  He was forced to marry her, and it was done in a hurry.  She was after a prince, had talked about it for a long time.  Both sides made mistakes, both have fault.

What I think about Diana in retrospect is that she was the one who dragged everyone through the mud in public, which was unnecessary and has repercussions to this day.  It was simply mean and vindictive.  I think it harmed her children greatly and she put herself before their needs.  

It is in the past, Charles and Camilla were always in love, it is Shakespearean in tragedy for a lot of people and no reason to keep flogging someone to this day. I'm never been perfect, I don't expect it of others. 

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

That's true, she started with her bodyguard.

I like Charles and Camilla, they are both very decent people who don't go out of their way to harm others or the monarchy. They are responsible and can be relied upon.

Charles is not the ogre Diana made him out to be.

But she knew how to play the media and how to play on people's emotions.

Very decent people??  And you know them personally?  SMH

Honored Contributor

@KKJ 

We know none of them personally, including Diana. We do have their public behavior and can form an opinion from that. After Charles and Diana divorced, Diana's behavior was questionable including the night she died.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I can't really be objective about Camilla or Charles. I don't know them but I will never like either of them.

I don't know that I would have said he has one foot in the grave but I too would think it would be so great if the queen could skip a generation.

I don't admire the monarchy no matter how many charities they support. It just seems like an antiquated self serving system in England at least.

From what I've read and seen, I do admire Kate and William and would love to see them as King and Queen if there has to be a monarchy.

@on the bay   Agree 100%