Contributor

Re: Idle Thoughts About Our Friends Across the Pond

I have read all the  opinions re the Queen's decision about the rotweiller being known as Queen Consort, As an 83 yr  British/American, I have always been a staunch royalist where the Queen was concerned.  Born and bred in London during war times.  i am not happy with this news and sick reading about Andrew, Fergie. Harry and nutmeg. Bunch of freeloaders they need to get a job.  None of them will ever have the respect the Queen has.  I am very disappointed at the Queen's decision.  Charles should give up his chance to become King and go off with his mistress.  She will always be remembered as just that. Diana was really in love with him and would have been happy to be a good wife and mother.  He should have had the b    s to face up to it.  Diana did not need all the men she got involved with if  he had treated her better.  When the Queen goes, the only one worthy of that title will be Catherine, she has already earned that title.  Long live William and Catherine. I hope I live to see that day.  

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I always wonder how Kate feels about having to curtsy to Camilla?  I understand that, according to protocol, she's  supposed to do it if William is not present.  I'd make sure he was with me at all times.

Anyone have a feeling for how the British people feel about Camilla as Queen Consort?

Everyone I know are thrilled!...She has been a good  wife  & also a great help to the Queen!...

Frequent Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think the Queen has spoken and that is the end of that.  Camilla will be Queen Consort.  The Dianaphiles won't like, the ones who pretend that Diana was a Saint.  But no one cares about them.  Real public sentiment in GB is quite positive, which surprised me a little. I subscribe to a couple of newspapers there.  My daughter lived in London for several years, we've been there many times.  Camilla works tirelessly, particularly during the pandemic.  She is the epitome of what a working royal should be.  She has handled herself brilliantly since marrying Charles.  She has gained the publics trust and respect.  Yes, Charles had an affair with the love of his life. That really is ancient history and irrelevant now that he's been married to Camilla for 17 years.  

Very well said!...Most People think Diana was a saint!...not so!..I'm English & all of my family & friends are so pleased at the Queens Decision 

Respected Contributor

Oh good grief, nobody said or thinks Diana was a saint, but do believe she was treated badly by Charles and the Rottweiler.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Oh good grief, nobody said or thinks Diana was a saint, but do believe she was treated badly by Charles and the Rottweiler.

@KKJ,

I was thinking the same. No one ever thought Diana was a saint, including herself and all the more reason why

so many loved her.

She portrayed herself as totally human with all the emotions that come with it, and she shared that with the world.

The people of "The Crown" who would like to portray themselves as saints, but prefer to hide any wrongdoings, did not like that.

The Queen and maybe any of her advisors seemed to be baffled and appalled by how many in the world could relate to Diana and loved her -thus "The People's Princess."

The Queen was said to have stayed in Balmoral with her grandsons due to grief after Diana's death but I really think she had no understanding of how Diana affected so many; too absorbed in her own role in "service"and protocol etc etc.

The same when all the miners died and she did not think it was a queens"duty" or place to visit the scene. It was not until public outcries to show some compassion and acknowledge people's suffering that she came before the camera in her rooms properly dressed and sober and make a speech.

I think it is a matter of pride and self-preservation that rules the Crown.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay  Great post!

Honored Contributor

I prefer refined people, those with manners who avoid public displays and would never discuss private matters publicly. Diana made a spectacle of herself with her televised poor me rant, and took no responsibility for the issues in her marriage.

Honored Contributor

Nah, I say, especially when the truth hurts, let it all hang out!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, the stories I heard about Prince Chuck when he visited here
in NYC in the olden days.  

Not so "refined. "

As it were, so to speak. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Nah, I say, especially when the truth hurts, let it all hang out!

Whose truth? When only one side is heard, the truth is lost in the telling.

On one side there is a young attractive woman with the advantage of marriage, the inside track. On the other a less attractive middle aged woman. Why would the man in the middle prefer the less attractive older woman? Ordinarily it's the other way round.