Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,835
Registered: ‎07-01-2012

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

Dying in my own home, in my own bed, and hopefully while asleep.

 

My nightmare is to have heart attack or stroke while out of the house and have strangers looking on. I so despise people who just stand and look while someone is suffering. If they can not help then they should let those who can help do so, and they should go away.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,231
Registered: ‎08-16-2016

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

When I was born, I took my first breath...and it was just the start of a long, amazing journey in a physical body. I assume that when I take my last breath, it will be the same--the start of another journey but without a physical body. The transition is significant, but not really a big deal for me. And I will have finished all my business on this beautiful planet, so I will be joyful.

 

I mean to keep learning new things and starting new projects as long as I can, and will probably leave behind a lot of messy loose ends. What I want is that nothing about the last part of my human life, or my leaving of it, or the period following, is overly troublesome for people I love. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,115
Registered: ‎01-18-2012

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

@oznell   Oooh I love Fred & Ginger maybe I can meet up with you on the way so I can see Fred & Ginger too please!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 681
Registered: ‎11-15-2011

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

I want to go just like my dad.   He had a brief illness and one morning he woke up feeling a little better so I made him waffles for breakfast.  He ate then feel back to sleep in his recliner watching football and never woke up.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,370
Registered: ‎11-08-2014

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

Absolutely, lets, @Dulwich, what fun.  Their dancing is sort of celestial, so......

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,610
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

[ Edited ]

Yes, I entered this world with my first breath and will leave it with my last.  My journey will simply be a transition....death is birth.  I'd love to lie down, sleep at the proper time.... this life is a preparation for my soul's next adventure.....significant, powerful, magical events.  @KaySD  your words reflect a similar paradigm.  

 


@KaySD wrote:

When I was born, I took my first breath...and it was just the start of a long, amazing journey in a physical body. I assume that when I take my last breath, it will be the same--the start of another journey but without a physical body. The transition is significant, but not really a big deal for me. And I will have finished all my business on this beautiful planet, so I will be joyful.

 

 

@Dulwich  The Stones....Queen...moving on with no remorse!

 


 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,926
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol


@phoenixbrd wrote:

Yes, I entered this world with my first breath and will leave it with my last.  My journey will simply be a transition....death is birth.  I'd love to lie down, sleep.... this life is a preparation for my soul's next adventure.....significant, powerful, magical events.  @KaySD  your words reflect a similar paradigm.  

 


@KaySD wrote:

When I was born, I took my first breath...and it was just the start of a long, amazing journey in a physical body. I assume that when I take my last breath, it will be the same--the start of another journey but without a physical body. The transition is significant, but not really a big deal for me. And I will have finished all my business on this beautiful planet, so I will be joyful.

 

 


 


@phoenixbrd@KaySD.  Yes, that is all well and good, but I think some people are saying they want to go peaceful and not stabbed or tortured by some lunatic.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,115
Registered: ‎01-18-2012

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

@oznell  Just a memory to share back when we were first married, living in a London, my DH rented this huge projector and screen - it covered practically one whole wall of our living room - not like the projectors now - we rented Fred & Ginger movies and invited all of our friends.

 

We put a sign on our front door ‘The Odeon Cinema’ loads of cushions/mattresses all over the floor, bowls of popcorn and drinks.  Everyone loved Fred & Ginger and it was such a fun event.  Thought you would appreciate this.

 

 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,610
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

That sounds like so much fun!

 


@Dulwich wrote:

@oznell  Just a memory to share back when we were first married, living in a London, my DH rented this huge projector and screen - it covered practically one whole wall of our living room - not like the projectors now - we rented Fred & Ginger movies and invited all of our friends.

 

We put a sign on our front door ‘The Odeon Cinema’ loads of cushions/mattresses all over the floor, bowls of popcorn and drinks.  Everyone loved Fred & Ginger and it was such a fun event.  Thought you would appreciate this.

 

 


 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,859
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol


@Mombo1 wrote:

Interesting topic.  I think back to when my parents moved to Florida after they retired.  They were fortunate enough to spend 20 years there.  Aside from living life the way they wanted to, they had gotten into a ritual of watching The Guiding Light everyday at 3:00 with a snack.  They each had a reclining chair and they looked forward to sharing this time together.  Of course, they both dozed off before ever seeing the end of the show.  This tradition lasted 20 years...  My Dad had become ill and time spent in the recliner was more and more everyday.  In 1980 he passed away while watching his favorite soap. 

So....when my time cones, I can only hope it will be in the same peaceful way..... 


@Mombo1

My parents’ next door neighbor passed while watching tv, too.  She lived alone and was found the next day lying in her recliner, with the tv still on.