Respected Contributor

Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

Had a very interesting discussion at ladies lunch how would we like to depart this life!  So I am passing this question onto you all.  Various surprising answers.

My ideal way is to be at a big, blaring live rock concert having a real good time dancing, singing then bam I am gone!  

Every time that I and with my children and now older grandchildren go to rock concerts - and we go a lot - they kid with me and say put ‘do not resuscitate’ on Mum’s back.  Already have my tickets for Stones and Queen - yahoo!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ideal Way to Leave This Planet? Not morbid! Lol

@dulwich

Go to sleep and not wake up.  That would be my ideal scenario.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@dulwich

@lolakimono.  That's just what I was going to say.

Respected Contributor

I'm not going as I just have to much to do in life and am enjoying every minute of it. I will never run out of fun and interesting things to try and do. So I will just stick around and continue to enjoy this beautiful and wonderful world of excitment called life.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@dulwich

Both of my parents hoped this would be their way of passing, and it was.  I like to think that this was their reward for being good parents.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Most ideally, I'd like to go from here to a greater place, without any "extinguishing" in between, ha.

In any event, while whatever happens, happens, I'd like my last sights and sounds to include Gershwin or Cole Porter music, and seeing Fred and Ginger dance to it...

Esteemed Contributor

After celebrating my 100th birthday with my family and pets.

Oh and after having pizza and a great big slice of birthday cake of course.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Most ideally, I'd like to go from here to a greater place, without any "extinguishing" in between, ha.

In any event, while whatever happens, happens, I'd like my last sights and sounds to include Gershwin or Cole Porter music, and seeing Fred and Ginger dance to it...

May your final breath be drawn while watching Fred and Ginger glide around the floor to "Cheek to Cheek".

Honored Contributor

If I could choose it would be in my sleep at the same time as DH.  We’re besties.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting topic.  I think back to when my parents moved to Florida after they retired.  They were fortunate enough to spend 20 years there.  Aside from living life the way they wanted to, they had gotten into a ritual of watching The Guiding Light everyday at 3:00 with a snack.  They each had a reclining chair and they looked forward to sharing this time together.  Of course, they both dozed off before ever seeing the end of the show.  This tradition lasted 20 years...  My Dad had become ill and time spent in the recliner was more and more everyday.  In 1980 he passed away while watching his favorite soap. 

So....when my time cones, I can only hope it will be in the same peaceful way.....