Esteemed Contributor

Re: Idea for QVC. How about rewards for long term customers

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I think that based on recent news and the way the economy is going now, it is not likely you will see many big perks and "customer appreciation" programs. 

The one that they are doing currently, likely won't cost them a great deal as I'm sure they have figured out about how much income may or may not be viable for this freebie.  I think it's time to just let it go because they seem to need some cash and giving more of their earnings away won't fix their problems.

@gertrudecloset   I worked in retail.  All Customers were treated the same.  No special treatment for new Customers. You have no idea how many long time customers are not buying, because of this offer.  When a business is hurting the last thing you want to do is lose any customers.   

@BalletBabeI have a sneaking suspicion that you don't know that figure eiether.  When I mentioned you were supposed to be leaving YOU said it back when the forums were bound to close.  I could search to pull it up if but that's a no-no on these forums.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 

As we speak, Bloomingdales is having a 25% off if you use their card.  For all others the percent off is 20%.  That is a mechinism by which they want you to sign up for their card.  Marketing 101.  What many saavy shoppers know is that their own card is probably less in interest than the store card and will not fall for that gimmick.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I think that based on recent news and the way the economy is going now, it is not likely you will see many big perks and "customer appreciation" programs. 

The one that they are doing currently, likely won't cost them a great deal as I'm sure they have figured out about how much income may or may not be viable for this freebie.  I think it's time to just let it go because they seem to need some cash and giving more of their earnings away won't fix their problems.

@gertrudecloset   I worked in retail.  All Customers were treated the same.  No special treatment for new Customers. You have no idea how many long time customers are not buying, because of this offer.  When a business is hurting the last thing you want to do is lose any customers.   

@BalletBabeI have a sneaking suspicion that you don't know that figure eiether.  When I mentioned you were supposed to be leaving YOU said it back when the forums were bound to close.  I could search to pull it up if but that's a no-no on these forums.

@gertrudecloset  This is my last post to you.  I have no time to go back and forth with you, nor do I have the desire, because what I do is my business not yours.   Yes, I said I was going to leave.  You can pull up what you want.  It seems to me you need to stop worrying about what I do.  I was upset that they were going to close right before the Holidays.  Many people here are alone and come to these boards for company.  Then one person that I like a lot got blocked from the boards. I did go to the other boards, but didn't care for it. It wasn't the same because a lot of time it is conversation about what Q is selling.  

Then they let the person they blocked back on and so I came back.  Again it is my business where I go.  If you have time to pull up threads from over a year ago then you have too much time on your hands.  So you have a great Holiday and don't expect me to respond to you anymore, because I won't.  

Valued Contributor

Get over it!  QVC is suffering, just like every other business, from inflation.  They are trying to GET new customers, not appease old ones.  They already know the old customers aren't going anywhere even tho they threaten to.

Honored Contributor

Just announced this morning - even Amazon is showing losses!

Frequent Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Just announced this morning - even Amazon is showing losses!

I read that too, @Pook . Very surprising.