Honored Contributor

Re: Idaho tot??

[ Edited ]

How can it happen?

Accidents happen all the time, it's a part of the human condition.

Maybe grandpa is hard of hearing or forgetful or has a form of early dementia.

Maybe the toddler wanted to play hide and seek and slipped away.  There are many possibilities that are not nefarious but are plausible. 

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

How can it happen?

Accidents happen all the time, it's a part of the human condition.

Maybe grandpa is hard of hearing or forgetful or has a form of early dementia.

Maybe the toddler wanted to play hide and seek and slipped away.  There are many possibilities that are not nefarious but are plausible. 

If I knew the grandpa had dementia I wouldn't have left my child with him.  If he was hard of hearing, I'd make sure he heard me.  I don't think I'm over protective either.

The grandpa also had a friend with him.  I feel sorry for the grandpa, I'd feel like it was all my fault even if it wasn't. 

The mom also said there was no one around their area.  I find it unlikely he was kidnapped.

Honored Contributor

Others don't always know when someone begins dementia, and there are other medical possibilities that could be totally unknown.

There isn't always someone to blame, accidents happen. 

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

I don't know why, but the first thing that came to my mind was possibly taken by a bear. The other thing that occurred to me was a possible drowning, but I think I read they checked the water thoroughly. Really sad.

Honored Contributor
I'll admit, I didn't know anything about this story when I read the headline.

Explaining that....am I the only one that got a chuckle from the thread title? Idaho=potatoes, tot=tater....I was thinking it might be a story about potatoes. Smiley Tongue. But once opening, of course it wasn't.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.
Respected Contributor

I just read gobs about this on Websleuths.  Wow!  It took me forever.  They also had links to lots of articles.

Where are the interviews with the grandpa and his friend since they supposedly were the last to see him?

Conflicting stories on the time when the dad and child were at the store before this happened.

The grandma which wasn't on the trip said the grandpa just turned his head and the child was gone.  I thought the grandpa thought the child was with the parents.  Why would he tell the grandma that then?

It was very interesting.