Esteemed Contributor

Idaho Murders: Third Unsolved Stabbing Attack Resurfaces Amid College Slaying Mystery

A third unsolved stabbing in the Pacific Northwest has resurfaced with eerie similarities.

Reporters at a news briefing Wednesday asked the Moscow Police about the possible connection between the students' slaying and a second unsolved stabbing, which left Travis Just ten dead and seriously injured his wife Hamilton in Oregon.

Authorities say an attended attacked the couple in their sleep around 3 a.m. on Aug 13, 2021.

Travis Juetten 26,fought back but succumbed to his injuries. His wife, who is 26 now survived 19 stab wounds.

The Moscow Police Chief  said his office knew about the case and was looking into it, but no official connection has been drawn between the two cases.

The following morning the Idaho Tribune reported that a third nearby attack shared  similar characteristics.

Sandra Ladd, 71, was found dead inner home in Washougal, Washington on June 14, 2020 according to Oregon Crime Stoppers. Her death was ruled as a homicide after the  medical examiner found multiple stabb wounds in her torso. Washougal police said at the time.

The two attacks happened 14 months apart within 70 miles of one another. The locations are roughly a five-year drive west of Moscow, Idaho.

Details about the timing of Ladd's death were not immediately. clear. Her body was discovered at 4:30 p.m. - in her bed, the Oregonian reported at the time.

In all three cases, no suspect has been identified.

Aaron Snell, the communications director for Idaho State Police, told Fox News Digital Thursday that investigators would be digging into any possible connection between the cases.

Kaylee mentioned having a stalker , but detectives have been unable to corroborate the statement, police said in a statement. Investigators are requesting anyone with information about a potential stalker, or unusual instances to contact the tip line.

This case is becoming more and more convoluted. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Idaho Murders: Third Unsolved Stabbing Attack Resurfaces Amid College Slaying Mystery

Hopefully they are working on DNA evidence to link these horrible events, or solve them separately.  When  I think about the serial killers of the past that took years to catch those monsters, I immediately say to myself thank God for today's DNA technology.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Idaho Murders: Third Unsolved Stabbing Attack Resurfaces Amid College Slaying Mystery

[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness,  This does seem like there is a serial killer in this area on the loose.

Some very deranged person killed a family dog in a gruesome manner in the area about a month ago.  Supposedly the authorities found “no relationship” to the other knife killings.

Really?

Valued Contributor

Kaylee had a dog. Why didn't it bark on the night of the murders? Makes me believe the killer knew the girls. Seems like an intruder would have killed the dog. I read where Kaylee's ex has the dog now. The police found the dog in the house. Has anyone read where the dog was when the attacks took place? It just seems odd that the dog didn't bark.
Respected Contributor

Police probing the horrific murders of four University of Idaho students face a 'major challenge' recovering samples of the killer's DNA because of the amount of blood at the scene, a forensics expert has said.

Joseph Scott Morgan, a forensics professor at Jacksonville State University, said as the killer moved from victim to victim, it will be difficult to distinguish individual samples.

'It's going to be a very complicated case when you go through blood evidence, when you go to do DNA typing. It's a major challenge. If we believe this is a single killer with a single weapon, the killer is migrating from body to body, and you'll have what's called commingling of blood. If this blood is all commingled, it's difficult to distinguish the individual samples.'

Honored Contributor

@elated   This is a very disturbing report.  While so far all murders are not linked, a disturbing pattern is emerging.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Hopefully they are working on DNA evidence to link these horrible events, or solve them separately.  When  I think about the serial killers of the past that took years to catch those monsters, I immediately say to myself thank God for today's DNA technology.

Yes, thankfully, they are linking this case with the unsolved similar knife murders that occurred within a relatively close geographical area and approximately 1 or 2-years ago. I sure hope that they will resolve this quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
Kaylee had a dog. Why didn't it bark on the night of the murders? Makes me believe the killer knew the girls. Seems like an intruder would have killed the dog. I read where Kaylee's ex has the dog now. The police found the dog in the house. Has anyone read where the dog was when the attacks took place? It just seems odd that the dog didn't bark.

I agree with you. I wondered about the dog not barking. This whole crime scene makes one wonder what really occurred on the night of the murders. We know they were all killed with a knife while sleeping (??). Some victims had defensive wounds. The killer entered by the sliding glass door. The crime scene was a bloody mess. I know it will take awhile to get definite answers but each day the murder goes unsolved the more likely it will be a Dateline story.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

At this point , the FBI needs to look at all 3  stabbing cases that are  coincidentally within  the 60  the geographic area , the elderly lady, the couple and these Idaho co-eds.  In the middle of the 60 miles is a Reservation which may give someone cover. All the stabbing occurred on the 13th of the month  and the other couple were attached at 3am as were the Idaho  co-eds .  The husband that  was killed in the couple's attack apparently fought back   but they have not solved that case as yet  .  DNA is great but it has to match someone's dna  on file. Is there a psychopath  who is knifing people like in the movie " Scream  " ?   I don't know how the Police can say that horrendous dog  killing was not related  .  It may be that it was done to  further strike fear in everyone. I am glade that I don't live in the area.

Honored Contributor

If the killer/slasher is the same person, it also appears that he strikes once a year.  Some compulsion driving his demonic deeds?  What is he trying to exorcise from himself?

Of course, this could be a female killer, but she would have to be endowed with size and unusual strength.