Honored Contributor

Re: Iconic Christmas Commercial Changed

[ Edited ]

Now I am confused.  I assumed the OP was referring to the Hershey kisses commercial.

The  comments are all over the place with other commercials and handbells and drums.

Super Contributor

Perhaps if you reread the original post or watch the commercial you'll understand the comments about handbells etc.  

Spoiler
Spoiler

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 ~ I believe it was last week that I saw the “revised” Hershey’s Kiss commercial.  This WAS my favorite holiday commercial.  Like mentioned, why ruin a good thing?  Needless to say, I’m bummed.  I hope that they still show the first version once in awhile. 😞

Valued Contributor

I saw the new commercial this morning and actually shouted, "WTH!"  This was one of my all-time favorite Christmas commercials and I looked forward to it every year.  They started showing it a couple of weeks ago and it was still the original.  There are enough cute family Christmas commercials.  They didn't need to ruin this old favvorite.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes change is not good. I wish they would leave the classics alone. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I haven't seen it yet, but as a handbell ringer, I am offended.

I don't really understand, are you offended by the original commercial? What exactly offends you? 

This isn't about me being offended, it's about how I wish they would have left a tradition alone. That Hershey's commercial is a staple of the Christmas season.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It's a commercial.  And kids can't deal with a Hershey's kiss being cooked or eaten?

Good grief. Woman Frustrated

That's not what I said. I said I don't like that they changed an iconic commercial. I said nothing about kids being upset about a kiss being eaten

Respected Contributor

Time marches on and another thread of my history is plucked.  Also, I've only seen it once and wasn't paying strict attention but it looked like a bad editing job betwixt the old and the new segments. 

Honored Contributor

3A0DDC0E-4E38-4A2B-9D5B-2EE2693F96B9.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Aww, I always look forward to that commercial. It reminds me when my mom would play the handbells at church during Christmas and when she finished and sat back down, she'd give a sigh, like "I'm glad I didn't mess that song up" because she would get nervous about it. Lol.