Respected Contributor

Iconic Christmas Commercial Changed

Has anyone seen this yet? The iconic Kisses bells performing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and normally at the end one of the bells sighs in relief. Instead, the new version has a little girl grabbing one of the Kisses interrupting the bells and then we see her dad and her in the kitchen baking cookies together.

I don't like it. They shouldn't have changed it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Iconic Christmas Commercial Changed

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Has anyone seen this yet? The iconic Kisses bells performing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and normally at the end one of the bells sighs in relief. Instead, the new version has a little girl grabbing one of the Kisses interrupting the bells and then we see her dad and her in the kitchen baking cookies together.

I like the original , but the new one sounds cute.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Don't like it either.  Ruined a good thing.  

Honored Contributor

I saw it.  It's different, but I don't dislike or hate it.

Honored Contributor

Nothing like the origial(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3rHibpKMxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mierd2LKVxE

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@Ladybug724 - I haven't seen it, but I don't like it either. Seems like it would upset children to see one of the Kisses end up in a cookie!

I'm still struggling with John Legend's idea to redo "Baby, It's Cold Outside" !  At least the Holly channel on Sirius plays the original too. It's been covered by a lot of different artists- and at least they have not drastically altered the lyrics!

The other night I watched a Disney singalong on ABC. Megan Trainor and Brett Eldridge sang this, and the only change I noticed was the line where they mention "cigarette." Even if they hadn't changed that I would have been OK.

IMO Legend ruined a classic.  Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Yes! I agree! The original was a simple musical commercial! I liked the simple message. You see too many commercials trying to out do one another.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it yet, but as a handbell ringer, I am offended.

Honored Contributor

It's a commercial.  And kids can't deal with a Hershey's kiss being cooked or eaten?

Good grief. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I prefer "the classic" too.... its like they dont want to keep any traditions....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”