Honored Contributor

Re: Ice storms and high winds in Michigan

We don't have ice but it sure did get cold again. Had to put the electric blanket back on the bed. I will have to take it back off Mon & put the summer bedding back on. LOL!!!

It's so windy here part of our fence got blown over. DH will have to fix it when weather permits. 

I had the AC on Thurs & Fri & the heat on today.

Crazy Weather.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live about 20 miles from Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Terry DeBoer of scare News 8

is the worst of the scare team.  I never have seen anyone get more excited over bad weather in my life!  Our lights flickered on and off earlier this afternoon.  My area of Michigan is getting high winds and it rained all night.  We are holding steady in the 32-33 degree range.  I would rather have snow than ice.  I have never seen an April like this ever. 

Trusted Contributor

Born2type, I am up in Newaygo County. Doesn’t sound good for tonight. I am watching channel 13 right now.

Regular Contributor

Northern lower MI  12 inches at least with  more coming Do you think we will have spring or even summer this year?

Contributor

I just heard on the local news that most of lower Michigan is going to get ice.  It may be a rough night.  I did all my washing today just in case we lose power so we will have clothes for the next week. 

Esteemed Contributor

We are in S. WI & we were under a wind advisory until 7:00 tonight. It sleeted most of today &  now we are getting a blizzard with 3-6" of snow expected by Monday morning.  Spring is just around the corner!

Honored Contributor

Wisconsin changed our weather advisories over to blizzard warnings. It's April... this is crazy.

Honored Contributor

Macomb County here.  Just watched WXYZ weather - ice and wind, zippitydoo dah.  Hope this is the last gap of old man winter - I worry about power outages.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Macomb County here.  Just watched WXYZ weather - ice and wind, zippitydoo dah.  Hope this is the last gap of old man winter - I worry about power outages.

Me too.

Honored Contributor

We live up north in Michigan. Went downstate to see our kids on Friday and were planning on returning home today. We saw the ice forecast and the sheriff was warning people not to drive so we came home yesterday. OMG what a harrowing experience! Around mid-state is where it went from rain to ice! We have a big truck so it really didn't bother us but those in cars were just sliding into each other, off the road, into the median, it was a sight to see! Once we got home, 4 hours later, we arrived to 16" of freshly fallen SNOW!! Ugg. But at least we made it home in once piece. In past years our lake was unfrozen and we are already putting our dock in at this time. Weird weather. 

"Pure Michigan"