Esteemed Contributor

Re: IT'S SO HOT IN NEW YORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@bmorechick

You are lucky to be near the water. 

I'm in southern Maryland and the only water within miles is the Patuxent --  And I've gotta go to the Seabreeze crab house for thatWoman LOL

We are back in the woods and the air feels like a blow torch.  Yesterday, it was over 100 and more of that today.

Wish I enjoyed the heat like you, but I'm counting down to autumn.  It's just too darn hot for me.

Esteemed Contributor

It isn't so much the heat...but the high humidity. It feels tropical here in Ohio....

Esteemed Contributor

Here in upstate NY it's been in the 90s, with a heat index over 100. That's practically unheard of. The humidity is so high that you feel like you're hitting a wall when going outside. We've had quite a few 90+ degree days,  more than I can ever remember, and we're also in a severe drought. I know that in the dead of winter I'll wish for that heat, but right now it's oppressive.

Honored Contributor

August in upper Michigan is my most favorite time of the year! We've had extremely humid and hot weather for awhile now and I'm loving it! Our homegrown boy, Tim Allen always jokes that he likes to attend the "humidity festival" when referring to upper MI in the summers. Ha! This is our last swan song because before we know it its going to be cold, snowy and howling winds off our lake. Yuck. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

The air is so hot and humid it is difficult to find breath.

I love summer, but this is rather dangerous for certain segments of the population.

Signed:  

Sweating to the oldies Marianne

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian - Here in SC it has been in the mid to upper 90's all summer with the heat index in the mid 100's. Yesterday & today the heat index will be about 103. Let's not even get into the humidity!

We have had more than 2 months of this already. I'm so over summer this year!

Respected Contributor

I heard that argument. I tell you what"

120 degrees F is waaay too hot. No AC in that desert.  I know it got hotter than that. I didn't go in 129 degree heat.  

It was my body and I felt like I had been set on fire. Yes, we did the light, loose clothing with hat thing. Some of my team passed out.  We were in desert. Relief came only at night or when we were back at the complex over the border. 

I know I don't ever want to live in Florida, Houston or New Orleans and I have relatives in all places.  I was there in the summer.  New York has that horrible heat island effect. And we don't live in AC most of the year. And you go into the subway and it's like an oven. (Even though they have put AC in places like Grand Central.) DC is no fun in the summer either.)

I think we all acclimate to where we live and then we say "Well, it's not as bad as. . . "  

Respected Contributor

It's not called a concrete jungle for nothing!

Honored Contributor

It's the humidity that gets to me. You could fry an egg on the pavement ....it's that hot.

Honored Contributor

We're at the Jersey Shore and the 10:00AM weather said we were already 89.  This will be the fourth consecutive day over 90. (that is most unusual here)

We can usually catch a breeze off the ocean and nights cool down.  It has not been happening during this last blast of summer.

I prefer temperatures in the 70s with a maximum of 80.  .

And, I cannot imagine the brutality of the weather where our troops serve.  May God bless all of them.