Respected Contributor

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL, I HAVE REACHED THE STATE OF PARANOIA !

@Lali1wrote: Turn off the tv and do something like listen to the radio and dance around like a crazy person.
This is my experience. I have only left my house four times since this all started. I went to Walgreens inside twice because there were little to no cars in the lot. I went to the vet to pick up meds twice but sat in my car and the meds were brought out to me. All my groceries have been delivered. When I get my groceries and carry the bags inside I wash my hands. I remove everything and put it all up then wash my hands again. I do not wipe down everything. I have two of the risk factors and so far so good. You don't need to obsess. 

I have left my apartment a few more time than you have but not many. I use instacart and shipt for groceries, have them leave the bags on my patio then I bring them in with glove on, wipe down every item with a disinfectant wipe before putting them away, throw away the bags, wipe down all surfaces, disinfect the floor because the bags sat there  and wash, wash my hands ! I haven't put gas in my car for about 2 months and I have more than half a tank.  I also have risks factors. Thanks and stay safe

Valued Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Cat Very HappyCat Very HappyCat Very Happy

I don't live in an apartment building but I can tell you that if I did, I would be wondering about a lot of stuff.  

Do what makes YOU feel comfortable but I don't believe the spider posed any risk unless it was a brown recluse. 

Clever idea about spraying your door frame. I never thought about that but if I lived in an apartment building I might eventually think of it too.  

Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Lali1wrote: Turn off the tv and do something like listen to the radio and dance around like a crazy person.
This is my experience. I have only left my house four times since this all started. I went to Walgreens inside twice because there were little to no cars in the lot. I went to the vet to pick up meds twice but sat in my car and the meds were brought out to me. All my groceries have been delivered. When I get my groceries and carry the bags inside I wash my hands. I remove everything and put it all up then wash my hands again. I do not wipe down everything. I have two of the risk factors and so far so good. You don't need to obsess. 

I have left my apartment a few more time than you have but not many. I use instacart and shipt for groceries, have them leave the bags on my patio then I bring them in with glove on, wipe down every item with a disinfectant wipe before putting them away, throw away the bags, wipe down all surfaces, disinfect the floor because the bags sat there  and wash, wash my hands ! I haven't put gas in my car for about 2 months and I have more than half a tank.  I also have risks factors. Thanks and stay safe

You're obsessing, and that isn't healthy.

There isn't any need to go to that extreme.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@germanshepherdlove  wrote:

I don't live in an apartment building but I can tell you that if I did, I would be wondering about a lot of stuff.

Do what makes YOU feel comfortable but I don't believe the spider posed any risk unless it was a brown recluse.

Clever idea about spraying your door frame. I never thought about that but if I lived in an apartment building I might eventually think of it too.

Thanks !

Honored Contributor

Your mind is holding you prisoner. 

Honored Contributor

That is excessive.  My mind is mine and I let no government mess with it.  I don't wear a mask but I do clean my shopping cart but I've always done that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

You guys are cracking me up ! I needed that.  I even leave my mail in the mailbox for 24 hrs then disinfect the envelopes when they come in the apartment.  I also spray clorox on any package I ordered once received, then let it sit for a day before opening it and wipe the contents with a disinfectant wipe (gloves on of course). Just trying to stay safe.  Hope everyone is keeping safe as well.

@Goodie2shoes  There are experts out there suggesting you do just what you are doing with your mail and boxes. If you go to WebMD, you will find data on how long the virus stays on certain surfaces. Also, I would LOVE my daughter to come get me!

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Poor spider!!

Please take a break and sit in the sun and relax.

My thought exactly. Killing an insect in case it has the virus?  From some of the OP's responses to others perhaps she's just winding people up to see how they'll react.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

i kill spiders when they are in my house....i don't like spiders.....has nothing to do with the virus....they are creepy......

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

It's okay.  Whatever makes you feel safe.  Some of us have more time on our hands, and just do these things to keep occupied.  When I would worry about obsessive covid behavior is when this virus is not longer a threat like now.  I remember the polio fear of the 50's, it was real , our parents wouldn't let us near a pool, a creek or gathering.  Then t.er was threat of nuclear fallout.  Ou neighbors built a bomb shelter.  I had a fear of the sounds of planes going over my house for years.  My heart jumped.  We always had air raid drills at schools.  

so, if in a year you are still doing here things  we will take you in hand dear friend