Respected Contributor

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL, I HAVE REACHED THE STATE OF PARANOIA !

You're going way over the top but it's good that you can talk about it & try to laugh at yourself too...I've been laughing at myself a lot lately. Be kind to yourself & be well @Goodie2shoes 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   So this is you?

proxy-image.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable in your home.

Trusted Contributor

If that’s what it takes to make you feel safe, do it. Just because others don’t go to that extreme doesn’t make you paranoid. Now if you’re driving yourself crazy, then you may have a problem. 

Esteemed Contributor

When it consumes your every thought, and you're living in perpetual fear, constantly terrified, then yeah, it's a problem.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Turn off the tv and do something like listen to the radio and dance around like a crazy person. 
This is my experience. I have only left my house four times since this all started. I went to Walgreens inside twice because there were little to no cars in the lot. I went to the vet to pick up meds twice but sat in my car and the meds were brought out to me. All my groceries have been delivered. When I get my groceries and carry the bags inside I wash my hands. I remove everything and put it all up then wash my hands again. I do not wipe down everything. I have two of the risk factors and so far so good. You don't need to obsess. 

Esteemed Contributor

Taking appropriate precautions and trusting this is enough. I'm more careful than hubs. He gives me the side eye when he thinks I'm nagging about the subject. Meeting lady from work on Friday to pass off files. Quick meeting. We'll probably sit in car and make the trade off. I'm 20 years her senior. I'll wear my mask. Not sure what she'll do but that's her deal. I'll have my hand sanitizer. I know she keeps that handy even during non-virus seasons. I think all we can do it our best and try not to hammer on those who aren't as concerned as we are.

This week I'm like a senior in high school during the first week in May after prom. I'm over it. But will use appropriate precautions regardless of my emotions.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes When you actually kill a harmless spider cuz you "think" it might carry the virus, I honestly think you've gone 'round the bend. You are not just cautious, you are afraid and that is NOT helpful to you.

Respected Contributor

You guys are cracking me up ! I needed that.  I even leave my mail in the mailbox for 24 hrs then disinfect the envelopes when they come in the apartment.  I also spray clorox on any package I ordered once received, then let it sit for a day before opening it and wipe the contents with a disinfectant wipe (gloves on of course). Just trying to stay safe.  Hope everyone is keeping safe as well.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes All the reports I've seen and heard on the news state that it is *not* necessary to disinfect mail and packages. The virus, if it is even on those things. has an extremely short "life". We're talking minutes, from what I understand.

You're driving yourself crazy for no reason.