Super Contributor

Re: IT'S DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!!! I may even do a ""happy dance!""

<h1> (finally)</h1>
Esteemed Contributor

I love the days getting longer but not the fact that I am going to have to reset all the clocks and reprogram my thermostat. The time has come to get rid of this change and pick a time for once and all.

Valued Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Suziepeach said:
On 3/7/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 3/7/2015 TaxyLady said:
On 3/7/2015 Cakers1 said:

Even though it doesn't get dark here as soon as it does further north, it's still nice to have the days longer. It's been a long hard winter for so many; even we still have quite a bit of cold weather lingering.

Happy Soon to Come Spring!

Where do you live that it doesn't get dark as soon as the North?

The South.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

The South.. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Well I can understand it if you lived west. The east coast gets darker first but I have never heard of it getting darker faster in the North. Just wondered where you lived.

Respected Contributor

No time change for Az. We drive back to I'll. soon and that's a lot of change!
Respected Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Still Raining said:

I love the days getting longer but not the fact that I am going to have to reset all the clocks and reprogram my thermostat. The time has come to get rid of this change and pick a time for once and all.

I agree.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Regular Contributor

Yeah at last -- wish so much daylight savings time could last all year. my body has not adjusted to the horrible standard time yet for this year -- wake up too early to do anything and too late to go back to sleep.

and it is so dark in the evening. admit i am an evening person. would love to live on the edge of a time zone, where it would always be sort of daylight saving and even an extra hour in the summer.

as for north and south -- in the north it gets dark much earlier in the winter than in the south -- at the north pole the sun does not come out at all in mid winter

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Still Raining said:

Its easier to set them ahead than to go back. No big deal, worth the extra daylight in the evening to do more outside.

Honored Contributor

would rather stay on standard time and not mess with mother nature. there is absolutely no need for it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I hate daylight savings time, it just means the south has one more hour of heat and sun in the summer! I wish they'd go back to regular standard time!

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Hooty said:

I hate daylight savings time, it just means the south has one more hour of heat and sun in the summer! I wish they'd go back to regular standard time!

I'm all for standard time too. Just keep it the same all year. I hate it being light at 8:30 to 9 pm.
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee