Honored Contributor

I think she believed her "after-QVC" life would be simple, easy, and require minimal effort on her part before she landed a plum-y job-of-her-choice on her terms.

I think she's panicking as just how wrong she was is sinking in as her bank balance is just sinking. All those RT plane tickets for over a year have to add up.

But she still doesn't seem as if she "gets" that her efforts are not competitive, and she seems pretty wave-of-hand vague about things in general.  That is NOT the attitude of a successful businesswoman.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S A VLOGAZINE!!

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Has any former host left a shopping channel and really made it?

The only one I can think of is Mike Rowe.

Christa Pitts/family--- "Elf on a Shelf"

Esteemed Contributor

It's interseting to read what people think they know about someone when the truth is they know nothing.

Respected Contributor

Jane Lynch said she hosted on HSN for awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

I just saw that.  Long way?  It seems like she's fallen 1000 steps down since leaving QVC.  That vlog is a compilation of old stuff.  She didn't leave QVC to do that.  She's trying to make something happen and perhapss she will, I just don't so.  Not as a vlogger for the senior set.   Her demographic is the 60 year old fashionista and social media isn't our thing.  I was amused that she's saying she designed the Gili line.  She seems to have self proclaimed herself to be a fashion designer....lol

Or Chef...lol

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Interesting. There is absolutely nothing on Wikipedia or any other sources  that mention this at all.  I watched HSN back in the 80's and I don't remember her. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I like Lisa, I wish her the best in her new project.

I like her too but I have a suspicion that she had no idea what the "real" world was like after being much adored by people who actually watch Home Shopping. No one I know has any idea who she is. There are a lot of people, too, that think of the world of shopping from home as low-brow entertainment and laugh at the thought of shopping from their television. Because her name is known with a lot less people probably than she had realized, her being able to sell herself will be a difficult venture.

Respected Contributor

You have to really be devoted to someone to visit their blog or web site. It's easier to get exposure on FB because a lot of people are already on there to interact with others. It'll be interesting to see how many people actually follow her to her web site.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

Interesting. There is absolutely nothing on Wikipedia or any other sources  that mention this at all.  I watched HSN back in the 80's and I don't remember her. 

Somebody provided a link, but I guess it got zapped.  Said she hosted on a shopping channel when they were new.  I remember her saying she hosted in the wee hours, and didn't think she was very good at it.

Respected Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

Somebody provided a link, but I guess it got zapped.  Said she hosted on a shopping channel when they were new.  I remember her saying she hosted in the wee hours, and didn't think she was very good at it.

I didn't see another post but I

found this @Lipstickdiva and @LyndaGee

::
http://www.thewomenseye.com/2011/11/13/jane-lynch-talks-advice-alcohol-and-adopting-the/

"She was once a host for “America’s Shopping Place,” which was like a Home Shopping Network. She said it was valuable improv experience. She admits that they “kept trying to replace me with people who would have to audition with me.” But she really enjoyed riffing on electric flea collars."

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••