Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Did the other LR thread go poof?

I believe this blog is her plan B. 

No, it's still there. 

Frequent Contributor
I apologize Kachina624. I had read a post earlier in the afternoon explaining that Lisa was going to make an important announcement on her website explaining her new venture since leaving QVC. I had always liked Lisa until the last few years she was on the Q, so was interested in what her plans were. My post was sarcastic because I had been expecting something a little more significant than an online diary as she had been away from the Q for over a year. Her VLOGAZINE (a combination of a blog, magazines and videos) sounds like a rehash of previous material, but she sounds happy and I'm glad for that.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Vlogazine is a stupid word.

I was just about to post the same!  But G.I.L.I is a dumb name too.  

Honored Contributor

I, personally, think of the word "Ghillie suit" when I hear or see G.I.L.I. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I'm beginning to see a pattern in Lisa's announcements that is finally going to backfire, or has already.

She has teased about what's upcoming with her on FB for a year with her video chats, for example. But neither she nor anyone else made sure in advance that it was all going to work smoothly - and it didn't - not the first time, the second time, or even the fourth time. Things never quite worked right, according to followers' posts. And they never got much better. To me that demonstrates a lack of caring and comittment about professional details.

Now we have the pumped up, hugely exciting reveal - and the brand spankin' new sparkly website is nothing but old, already-seen material. The reveal, site and contents seem like amateur hour.

Why not wait until many more ducks were in a row, many more deals lined up, and then debut a *professionally designed and managed* site with mostly new material?

The whole scenario appears as if Lisa is throwing band-aids and empty promises to the fans she has left before she loses her entire customer base out of boredom.

The way she has gone about everything is very amateurish. It appears that all the professionalism in her QVC presentations came from...QVC.

She may have a heart of gold and be the sweetest, most well-meaning thing (and I'm not saying she doesn't/isn't), but she is floundering where it counts - where she has announced she wants it to count.  Not nearly professional enough in her hoped-for future endeavors to compete with the money-making blog high-rollers.

I agree!!

Her ego that thought SHE was the one who made QVC when it was really the other way around. 

Now we see the evidence of that in this rehash.

Super Contributor
LR is desperate for adoration and even more desperate to stay "relevant." I still maintain she left QVC because she wanted a financial stake in GILI and the Q said no. She called their bluff and she had no choice but to leave. After 14 months of flitting hither and yon, this vlogazine is the "best" she could come up with??? Poor girl. Life is tough when you're a legend in your OWN mind.
Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S A VLOGAZINE!!

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

I'm beginning to see a pattern in Lisa's announcements that is finally going to backfire, or has already.

She has teased about what's upcoming with her on FB for a year with her video chats, for example. But neither she nor anyone else made sure in advance that it was all going to work smoothly - and it didn't - not the first time, the second time, or even the fourth time. Things never quite worked right, according to followers' posts. And they never got much better. To me that demonstrates a lack of caring and comittment about professional details.

Now we have the pumped up, hugely exciting reveal - and the brand spankin' new sparkly website is nothing but old, already-seen material. The reveal, site and contents seem like amateur hour.

Why not wait until many more ducks were in a row, many more deals lined up, and then debut a *professionally designed and managed* site with mostly new material?

The whole scenario appears as if Lisa is throwing band-aids and empty promises to the fans she has left before she loses her entire customer base out of boredom.

The way she has gone about everything is very amateurish. It appears that all the professionalism in her QVC presentations came from...QVC.

She may have a heart of gold and be the sweetest, most well-meaning thing (and I'm not saying she doesn't/isn't), but she is floundering where it counts - where she has announced she wants it to count.  Not nearly professional enough in her hoped-for future endeavors to compete with the money-making blog high-rollers.

I was honestly shocked when I took a look at her new website.  I don't know what I expected but I expected it to be more than a rehash of old blogs she's written.  

I'm starting to think there are some upcoming infomercials with her name written on them.  LOL   

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I agree!!

Her ego that thought SHE was the one who made QVC when it was really the other way around. 

Now we see the evidence of that in this rehash.

Smart, business-savvy people know their own strengths and weaknesses, and hire professionals to take charge of areas where they need help, if they expect to compete successfully.

It's impossible to know whether Lisa is naive, lazy, penny-pinching or egotistical, but it has to be one or more of those things for her 'new career" to be unfolding the way it has been since she left QVC.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Has any former host left a shopping channel and really made it?

The only one I can think of is Mike Rowe.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Has any former host left a shopping channel and really made it?

The only one I can think of is Mike Rowe.

@Lipstickdiva, I think it depends on the definition of "made it."   Some of the former hosts we can read about now (some of them slip away from public scrutiny)  seem to have found fulfillment in their personal lives.   I know none of us can really know what someone's life is like unless we know them personally, but it seems to me the work as a successful shopping show host takes a lot away from personal life and maybe some of them just want to be able to step away and have more time for family...  or just for themselves.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova