Honored Contributor

I woke up a bit ago to this joyful news!  Thrilled for them!

May all go well with this child and his family.  As I wrote about a week ago, we do not know the power that resides in each individual.  Although seventh in line to the throne, this child may bring about change -- good change -- in quiet ways.  His very birth and being are notable.

Esteemed Contributor

Just in time for Mother's Day!images.jpg

Honored Contributor
Congratulations to them. What a nice love story and lovely couple😀
Trusted Contributor
@golding76
Oh my dear, I love your hopeful and positive post!
Congratulations Harry and Meghan...welcome Baby Sussex!
@Sweet_Serenity Finally!!!! Yay!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I hope they won’t name him Diana. 😉

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

esme,

Actually, I am a fan of those stuffy and lumbering all-inclusive names that the Royals fancy.  Among the names, I hope "Charles" is included because I think he did much to convince the rest of the world that Meghan was welcome in their family.

Perhaps Diana's family name, Spencer, could be this child's first name.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Harry looks beyong over the moon happy!

Where was the photo taken?  It looks like he was outside.

I think at Frogmore Cottage?

Prince Harry said they were "absolutely thrilled" and thanked the public for their support during the pregnancy.

He said Meghan and the baby were doing "incredibly well", adding that they were still thinking about names for the infant, who was delivered at 05:26 BST.

Buckingham Palace said the baby weighed 7lbs 3oz (3.2kg), and that the duke was present for the birth.

It added: "The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Lady Jane Fellowes, Lady Sarah McCorquodale and Earl Spencer have been informed and are delighted with the news.

"The duchess's mother, Doria Ragland, who is overjoyed by the arrival of her first grandchild, is with their Royal Highnesses at Frogmore Cottage."

Thanks for posting this. Sounds like maybe the baby was born at home or they left the hospital very, very quickly.

Honored Contributor

Quick...LOL   I'm sure it didn't feel quick to her.  She went into labor early in the morning but we don't know what time early was and was it their time or our time.  There is a 6 hour time difference.  Nonetheless.  It's a boy, the wait for the birth is over.  Now everyone can start the blah blah over when will see Meghan and the baby.  

Respected Contributor

Re: IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Yay! I am so happy for them! ❤️🌸🧸🍼

Trusted Contributor
@golding76
Oh I LOVE that name choice...baby Spencer!!! That would be such a gift to the Spencer family. What a great tribute to Diana that would be.
Harry looks so thrilled! A joyous day! It WOULD be lovely to include the name "Charles" as his middle name, or one of the five names they always give the royals, as I agree, Charles was so welcoming to both Meghan and her mother Doria.