Occasional Contributor

IS THERE ANYONE WHO REALLY WON'T FLY?

And why?

Are you afraid of a crash, claustrophobic and can't be confined for long periods of time, flumoxed by security procedures?

I honestly can't imagine refusing to fly. It's the safest, most convenient means of travel, by far.

Of course there are aggravations, there are with all means of travel. but I don't get it.

I have co-worker who refused to take short flights. She insists they are the most dangerous, because of the frequent take off and landings, stressing the plane. She also feels that regional flights attract a "less desirable class of people"? Since there are tons of business travelers on these flights, I have no idea how she comes up with that.

She's one of our exec's, so, she gets away with this and it is a real nuisance, since it can mean scheduling around her longer travel to get to a meeting, for instance.

Interestingly, she will take longer flights, like a trip to Europe with her Husband, last Summer.Smile

I'm sure a real fear of flying would be awful, but, I hope I'd try to find a way to deal with it, since it would be a problem for me professionally, and I'd much rather get there "quick"!