Trusted Contributor

Re: IS THERE A SHORTAGE OF DIVORCE ATTORNEYS?

@skatting44 wrote:

First off  the one in the news  is a Psychopath.  2nd motive money  ,  3rd motive , he did not want her testifying against  him in the art fraud case.

Brian Walshe pled guilty to the art fraud case in 2021.  He was on home confinement awaiting sentencing. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Valued Contributor

I have not followed the day to day in this case, but I don't think the Walshes had tons of money. I've seen a pic of the backyard of the house and it looks in disrepair. I wonder if the victim has a large life insurance policy.

I also think it's odd that this couple was divorcing but seemed together enough to hold their annual new years eve party.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no shortage of good divorce attorneys.  In some places you can "do it yourself divorce."  Go to court office, get forms and get assistance filling out the forms for dissolution of marriage.  This is for those that are not contested and not complicated.  Many people do this.  All you pay is the fees for the clerk's office.

Men and women have been killing their spouses for ages.  Divorce lawyers or not.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

It was in the news this week, but I'll skip the details ... same story, basically.   

Husband reports wife missing.  Pretends to be oh so concerned.  A week later, he's arrested for her murder.

The one I'm referring to actually had done a computer search for "best ways to get rid of a body".   Well, that is like a gift with a bow on it for the prosecutor handling this murder charge.

What I always wonder is this .... why risk spending the rest of your life in jail on a murder charge?  These days, it's so easy for law enforcement to catch people who commit murder.

Why not just get a divorce and move on?  Is there a shortage of divorce attorneys in this country?  

What are your thoughts?

@Tinkrbl44 Because in a divorce there is alimony and child support.  Also, they split up property, with the wife often getting the house.  There are often large life insurance policies they can collect on.

Esteemed Contributor

@GloriBee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

It was in the news this week, but I'll skip the details ... same story, basically.   

Husband reports wife missing.  Pretends to be oh so concerned.  A week later, he's arrested for her murder.

The one I'm referring to actually had done a computer search for "best ways to get rid of a body".   Well, that is like a gift with a bow on it for the prosecutor handling this murder charge.

What I always wonder is this .... why risk spending the rest of your life in jail on a murder charge?  These days, it's so easy for law enforcement to catch people who commit murder.

Why not just get a divorce and move on?  Is there a shortage of divorce attorneys in this country?  

What are your thoughts?

@Tinkrbl44 Because in a divorce there is alimony and child support.  Also, they split up property, with the wife often getting the house.  There are often large life insurance policies they can collect on.

@GloriBee That's not always true.  Many could divorce and not have to pay alimony or child support.  Every divorce doesn't come to that.

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@GloriBee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What are your thoughts?

@GloriBee That's not always true.  Many could divorce and not have to pay alimony or child support.  Every divorce doesn't come to that.

@gertrudecloset , you are correct, it is not always the case.  However, the person may think it will cost him (or her), so they take this path.  Life insurance is also a great motivator.  

Esteemed Contributor

@GloriBee wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@GloriBee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What are your thoughts?

@gertrudecloset , you are correct, it is not always the case.  However, the person may think it will cost him (or her), so they take this path.  Life insurance is also a great motivator.  

It's usually one of two things:  money, or lust (for another) 

Honored Contributor

She owned millions of dollars worth of property on her own, that's why he was Googling about inheriting.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What are your thoughts?

I haven't been following this case too closely, but the fact that Ana Walshe had amassed almost 3M in property could certainly be a motive.

I felt uninformed about this, though I have seen it on the news and it has come up on the news channels I follow on Facebook.  I agree with others...that smirk on his face!  

I got caught up to speed with this article.

Honored Contributor

Plenty of these type of killers are already divorced when they kill.