Contributor

I still miss Joan Rivers so much.

With her shows, it wasn't just about selling. She would joke around, talk about some of the behind the scenes things in Hollywood.

Watching her segment always gave me a good laugh and a smile!

Respected Contributor

Re: IS IT JUST ME OR WHAT"

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@truffle et al...

I have a question for those familiar with her clothes.

I bought two pieces several years ago and both were made of her "liquid knit" which doesn't work for me.

Does she use other fabrication?

Yes she uses other fabrications.  I have two pair of leggings of hers that are made of cotton and 5% spandex and she also sells garments made from cotton/modal.  She also has garments that are 57% cotton 38% poly 5% spandex.  I also own a faux leather jacket that feels just like the real thing although she has had some misses on her faux leather.  I also own some poly tanks that are not comfortable at all - don't know if those were liquid knit and I don't really know the difference between liquid knit and her other polyester things.  Those poly tanks were a bad purchase and I need to purge them from my closet. @Noel7

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2

This is her comment you only showed a piece of:

"Those brands are on because they rake in the $$$ for QVC. Try watching HSN or Evine for a change of scenery."

Quite clearly she refers to certain brands and suggests the OP look at those others, not what you implied.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stormygirl wrote:

Is obvious why certain brands are on more then others as some brands are QVC exclusive and some are not. I do not expect QVC to tailor thier programming to my likes and I also watch HSN....ALOT and Evine too if I am in the mood to watch shopping networks and see different brands.. Also the channel changer is my best friend when nothing I am interested is on. Other brands do not get as much air time as they do not just sell just on USA QVC. I like some LOGO and others dont. I dont like WEN shows so I dont watch but others love WEN so they obviously watch. It really doesnt bother me the programming. I havent seen Susan Graver in months. I look ahead at the programming for all channels to see if I am interested. Is just a shopping channel and people have different tastes. Some things one likes and others dont. They know which are hot sellers and it just might not be something I am interested in buying. Different strokes I guess. What is expensive to me may be reasonable to another. I dont buy everything here.......I just buy something as a treat to myself now and then. Today was first time in months I bought a top and am excited about it.

@Stormygirl  Well apparently QVC isn't appealing to as many customers as they used to, because if customers are not fond of the in house brands they shop elsewhere, and many are finding their clothing prices uncompetitve. It is impacting QVC's financial results....while QVC is making a profit, it's not what it used to be regarding revenue increases.  Perhaps they would add more to their bottom line by mixing it up a little.....QVC is limiting their products more and more.  And most of their non-clothing items can be purchased locally at a BETTER price......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stormygirl wrote:

I just bought a beautiful Serena WIlliams 2 pc Maxi Dress and 3 pairs of fine denim Cookie Johnson Jean on HSN. I dont know why anyone would limit themselves to just one shopping venue. I dont ever get tired of QVC as I only view those vendors or products that interest me. I miss a few of the brands no longer on QVC but wait long enough and new faces will appear as some come and some go. I like the thrill of the hunt and can find whatever I want at what price Im willing to pay by shopping around. I love the Camo capris I bought today!

@Stormygirl  I think customers are entitled to provide constructive feedback to QVC.  You might like it, but others have reduced their purchases or stopped buying from QVC altogether, I think valid comments is just a sign they would like to have QVC as a viable retail option again....

@Stormygirl  And one more thing---those of us that are bored or don't like what QVC is showing we don't FORCE ourself to sit and watch QVC 24/7 ....why in the heck would we watch something we are not interested in....that doesn't even make sense!!!! Most flip channels to see what is on, and if nothing of interest then we flip right on by...OR some will check their Program Guide and don't like the merchandise can find something better to do.....To think we'd sit and watch something boring--ROFL--(WOW notify the media--we got a modern day Columbus with a startling discovering) Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Noel7...oh my, did I forget the word "scenery"?  Sorry...

I get it, she's a nice person...geez, her comment came 

across 'snarky' to ME!  It's just how I interpreted it.

Just like you, we all have our own opinion(s).

Esteemed Contributor

@lyn61 wrote:

GOODNESS...SEEMS LIKE EVERYDAY SUSAN GRAVER IS ON..NOT ONLY DO I FIND HER CLOTHING EXPENSIVE BUT WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH ??  SAME WITH LOGO, EXPENSIVE AND SHE IS ON ALL THE TIME!  WE NEED SOME FRESH FACES ON QVC..

I agree that those two have virtually taken over QVC.  Every time I pass by the Q it seems one of those two 'designers' is selling.  The prices are way too high considering most of their stuff is sewn in the same Chinese shops as Walmart stuff. $60 for a long tank top..really?  Oh well,what else is new?  Greed has been queen for a long time.

Spoiler

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@truffle et al...

I have a question for those familiar with her clothes.

I bought two pieces several years ago and both were made of her "liquid knit" which doesn't work for me.

Does she use other fabrication?

Yes she uses other fabrications.  I have two pair of leggings of hers that are made of cotton and 5% spandex and she also sells garments made from cotton/modal.  She also has garments that are 57% cotton 38% poly 5% spandex.  I also own a faux leather jacket that feels just like the real thing although she has had some misses on her faux leather.  I also own some poly tanks that are not comfortable at all - don't know if those were liquid knit and I don't really know the difference between liquid knit and her other polyester things.  Those poly tanks were a bad purchase and I need to purge them from my closet. @Noel7

@truffle

Thank you!  I've seen several things of hers I wanted to try but they were the liquid knit. Now I'll be sure to check the fabric Smiley Happy        

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Noel7...oh my, did I forget the word "scenery"?  Sorry...

I get it, she's a nice person...geez, her comment came 

across 'snarky' to ME!  It's just how I interpreted it.

Just like you, we all have our own opinion(s).

No you forgot the preceding sentence which shows context, not a word.

It has nothing to do with opinion, it's unacceptable to take something out of context to try to prove something nefarious. 

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack...to me, it's not "what" you said, it was "how" you 

said it...

and I repeat, just MY interpretation...I watch the 

channels as well to broaden fashion horizons, 

and to add to limited closet space.  Happy 

shopping to one and all!