Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@MaggieMack...sorry, but your reply to @lyn61@was a bit snarky.

That's your opinion, but I saw it as an FYI.   And it was likely informative to other posters that didn't know.

Honored Contributor

I won't be surprised if lyn61 doesn't return. First she gets pounced upon then the pouncer is given a round of applause followed by recommendations for poster of the month. Now she's been corrected for choosing nick rather than nit. Since nits are lice and we have the super sensitive among us, perhaps nick was/is a better choice.

Respected Contributor

I like Susan Graver.  She's got a lot of good energy and vitality.  I hate vapid and boring hosts who are predictable and drone on and on....you know the ones I'm talking about.

I might order a tsv once a year from her so no, I'm not a big shopper of her garments but I do like to watch. 

Susan recently lost her mother-in-law who was the co-designer and I applaud her ability to carry on. 

Honored Contributor

Re: IS IT JUST ME OR WHAT"

[ Edited ]

@truffle et al...

I have a question for those familiar with her clothes.

I bought two pieces several years ago and both were made of her "liquid knit" which doesn't work for me.

Does she use other fabrication?

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I won't be surprised if lyn61 doesn't return. First she gets pounced upon then the pouncer is given a round of applause followed by recommendations for poster of the month. Now she's been corrected for choosing nick rather than nit. Since nits are lice and we have the super sensitive among us, perhaps nick was/is a better choice.

@occasionalrain, it was not lyn61's first post, so I don't think she will get scared away. I have been ravaged on these boards and came back. I think @lyn61 is strong enough to know that she is not being attacked. If what I posted was construed as an attack, this is not the place for her to post.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@catwhisperer...nice to know...but in my opinion, just a poor 

choice of words on MM's part...

@AKgirl2.....it's all in how it is interpreted. I can't begin to tell you how many posts I have taken the wrong way and I know many posts of mine have been taken the wrong way as well. I just know that MM is a very nice person and did in no way mean any disrespect. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack...it was just your last sentence came across..."try watching HSN or Evine for a change"...

felt like you were telling her to take a hike!  That's how I took what you wrote...and I'm sure you are a lovely person.

Honored Contributor

Re: IS IT JUST ME OR WHAT"

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

Lyn, I'm retired and home most of the time. Whenever I turn on the Q - or change channels and the Q is on --- it's the same boring clothes. I guess someone is buying --- just NOT ME!!!! I'm sure they're all made in a poor Asian countries with cheap labor - and sold on the Q at top dollar. The American Way!!!!! Prices seem to start at $49.50 --- and go way up!!!!

@kivah   Yep, the clothing has gone way up in price. I was in Dillards a few days ago and while they do have they high end labels, you can still find nice tops for $28 and $30...and their sales are terrific.  Although I'm not fond of the Logo style, I saw Logo style clothing at Stein Mart for $19....it seemed to be the same material too....Macy's has good deals too....

QVC's in house designers just don't interest me .....  I used to like Sport Savvy and D&C but Sport Savvy is no more and D&C has changed ---the quality isn't there, the material is different, doesn't wear well and some of the asymetrical styles don't interest me and 3/4 sleeves are too hot here in Texas...I like some of Isaac's things but cardigan season is a short one here in Texa.   And to me Halston and C Wonder styles are similiar to Logo which I don't like.   They used to have different designers on now and again that were different and I made purchases, but they are no more..My QVC shopping has really declined....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@MaggieMack...it was just your last sentence came across..."try watching HSN or Evine for a change"...

felt like you were telling her to take a hike!  That's how I took what you wrote...and I'm sure you are a lovely person.

@AKgirl2

It seems to me you deliberately misquoted her.

You took what she said out of context, not acceptable.

Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2, no, my recommendation to watch HSN or Evine was genuine, because I tire of QVC and find freshness in HSN or Evine, even though I have to watch Evine online because my cable carrier doesn't offer it. They have some wonderful and different selections, and I go with what appeals to me. Just offering a suggestion to broaden her fashion horizons, my closet would be sparse if I relied only on QVC.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop