Respected Contributor

Re: IRS sent stimulus money to a non-U.S. citizen from u.K.

@MorningLover wrote:
hckynut wrote:
chickenbone wrote:

California giving 75 million to illegals.

chickenbone 

Heard half is state money. Guess it's up to the people in that state to let their head know how they feel.

hckynut(john)

California gov. sued over plan to give $75 million in coronavirus aid to undocumented immigrants. Of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit, one is an immigrant from El Salvador who is now a U.S. citizen.

"This is taxpayer money that may only be appropriated by the legislative branch. This is not a slush fund for the governor to spend as he sees fit,” a San Francisco attorney and chief executive officer for the Center for American Liberty, said in a written statement. “At a time when law-abiding Californians are crushed by unemployment, housing issues, business closures and massive limitations on our normal lives, the Governor is doing an end-run around the legal guardrails in place.”

The Center for American Liberty has a bunch of suits against Newsom (reopen the beaches and hair salons, "religious liberty," etc.). One of the lead people is frequently featured on Fox News. I'll be sure to let Newsom know that I agree with his plan.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@wismiss wrote:

Well, if this makes you disgusted, how many people know that the Congress gave themselves and their staff raises and increased their expense account by $15,000 per year---now at $92,000 per year expense account?

@wismiss 

Ain't that nice, now! When do you suppose the "house" might decide to come back to work?

hckynut 🏒

I’m guessing when the “senate” does.

@hckynut 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I would have bizarre dreams about this.  I wasn't born here, but became a naturalized  citizen when my parents did.  USA was always difficult to get citizenship out of all the countries in the world, but the climate of anti immigration made me nervous & scared about my status.  I'm always checking my papers, passport, ID & drivers license, making sure they were up to date. And I became jealous of my younger sister for being born here. When the Real ID first came I dreamed when I applied for it, they told me I wasn't really a citizen & that I would be going back to Italy. In my dream, I was deported south to Argentina! First there in order to get to Italy. My husband & kid were objecting all the way to the Mexican border.  It got funnier and weirder! But it seamed real! Actually, it was hilarious since nobody wants to leave Italy. they'd rather go there!

That was ridiculous and I do feel very American, but yes...that idea crept in to me when I heard about the stimulus package. It's always in the back of my mind.

Respected Contributor

How about the fact that coorporations received 500 BILLION dollars from the stimulus package and the gov't thinks the taxpayer has no right or need to know where or to whom that money went?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Multiple Re: IRS sent stimulus money to a non-U.S. citizen from u.K.

Yep. Multiple family members who live all over the world were paid. They were all surprised but also said "Thank you". 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

And some want government in charge of everyone's healthcare 🤨

Trusted Contributor

The IRS also sent stimulus checks to inmates and now they want that money back. Problem is there was no stipulation in the plan saying that the inmates would not qualify for a check and lawyers are saying the IRS doesn't have a right to ask for the return of the money.

Honored Contributor

If you qualify under the guidelines by paying your taxes and meeting the threshhold, I don't get what anyone did wrong. 

If you hate the law that was passed, voting takes care of the people who made those decisions and approved it for the IRS to follow.

If you don't want the money, donate it.  Your horrification can be quickly assuaged.  

If you want perfection in government workers or anywhere else, look in the mirror.  You won't find it there either.  Human beings process tax refunds.  I think the divine are busy elsewhere.  

Respected Contributor

@chickenbone wrote:

California giving 75 million to illegals.

@chickenbone    Where do you get this information from???  do tell...

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I would have bizarre dreams about this.  I wasn't born here, but became a naturalized  citizen when my parents did.  USA was always difficult to get citizenship out of all the countries in the world, but the climate of anti immigration made me nervous & scared about my status.  I'm always checking my papers, passport, ID & drivers license, making sure they were up to date. And I became jealous of my younger sister for being born here. When the Real ID first came I dreamed when I applied for it, they told me I wasn't really a citizen & that I would be going back to Italy. In my dream, I was deported south to Argentina! First there in order to get to Italy. My husband & kid were objecting all the way to the Mexican border.  It got funnier and weirder! But it seamed real! Actually, it was hilarious since nobody wants to leave Italy. they'd rather go there!

That was ridiculous and I do feel very American, but yes...that idea crept in to me when I heard about the stimulus package. It's always in the back of my mind.

@songbird , your Post made me really laugh.