Honored Contributor

Re: IRS Will Require Selfie Photo To Access Tax Records

@Sooner wrote:

I don't think this is true.  Anyone could send a photo that is fake.  Makes no sense and certainly doesn't seem something they could verify.  

I think something got lost in translation.  A selfie without a legitimate picture to compare it to is pointless and would accomplish nothing.  Any of us could access anyone's tax records and upload a photo.  Irs doesn't know what we look like.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree really? What does it tell you and why?
Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@CatsyCline  My Wisconsin REALID license contains the same information as my expired regular driver's license does.

@deepwaterdotter  the RealID license contains more but i just can't remember what.

Trusted Contributor

I would suggest posters read legitimate articles on this. You are LIVE on camera when the pic is taken.
Honored Contributor

So.....  upload your photo and ALL of your private, confidential, identifying to some database in the cloud.....yeah.....what could possibly go wrong with that? Lol

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 real ID just means you supplied extra documentation to verify your identity. It was going to be used initially to fly without all the preflight verification. I think they may have put that on hold.
Esteemed Contributor

My sister uses face recognition to unlock her cell phone, so this will be ok for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:
@Sage04real ID just means you supplied extra documentation to verify your identity. It was going to be used initially to fly without all the preflight verification. I think they may have put that on hold.

@JamandBread  I knew there was a reason but couldn't remember what. Thanks for reminding me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker wrote:

I know this will be deleted, but I have to say this.  The government will require a photo to access tax records, but no ID needed to vote.  How sad is this!!!  Sickening!!! 

@coffee drinker  maybe some States don't but I've had to show mine everytime.

Esteemed Contributor

About  to get political but the last  time I voted they refused my ID in order to get the ballot  to vote in person.  Seems there is a disconnect.  Thinking of sending a picture of one of my Chihuahuas and see if they even pay attention.