Respected Contributor

IRS Warning of a New Mail Scam

Saw this today and thought I would share:

In the latest scam, the scammer is taking advantage of the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS). The scammer tells the victim about two certified letters purportedly sent to the taxpayer in the mail but were returned as undeliverable. According to the IRS, the scammer then threatens arrest if a payment is not made through a prepaid debit card. The scammer also tells the victim that the card is linked to the EFTPS system when, in fact, it is entirely controlled by the scammer.

Scammers are always coming up with something new to get money...

Honored Contributor

Re: IRS Warning of a New Mail Scam

Where do people come up with these ideas.  I give my money to nobody.

Contributor

I received a voicemail from these losers. I just laughed and deleted it.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, scammers are out there. We all know that.  They prey on the gullible and warnings like this go right over the heads of the tiny percentage of people who would fall for it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning! A shout out and a big thank you to the O/P who started this thread. My mom lives in a adult community and I will pass the word along.[again] Thank you O/P!Woman Surprised

Valued Contributor

I just got a call yesterday saying my Windows license expired, to call a number to renew it. I had another one where they called and said I was being sued by the IRS, to call a number and get it straightened out. 

Imagine how much more productive the world would be if these idiots got a real job.....

Esteemed Contributor

Thank for the info.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for telling us.