Honored Contributor

Re: IRMA is now a Cat 5 with winds at 180 MPH!!!!!

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Weather forcast (Orlando) winds of 65-70 category 3.

@Sweet_Serenity I was curious about the winds right now in Key West, so I checked the hourly at the weather channel dot com and OMG!

I will be surprised to see if anything is still standing when Irma finally passes. The storm is moving SO SLOW...still just 6 mph.

Here is the wind forecast for Key West from now through 3pm!!! The length of time is CRAZY!!!

wwwUntitled.jpg

My post comes from the Weather Channel.

We are not on the west coast. Once again! 

Winds expected here as stated previously.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity I was curious about the winds right now in Key West, so I checked the hourly at the weather channel dot com and OMG!

I will be surprised to see if anything is still standing when Irma finally passes. The storm is moving SO SLOW...still just 6 mph.

Here is the wind forecast for Key West from now through 3pm!!! The length of time is CRAZY!!!

wwwUntitled.jpg

@Sweet_Serenity  What are you talking about? I am just sharing with you the insanity of the winds in Key West is having to deal with and how long/duration in comparison to Orlando (where you mentioned).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

wwwUntitled.jpg

@Sweet_Serenity  What are you talking about? I am just sharing with you the insanity of winds Key West is having to deal with and how long/duration. 

Exactly I'm sharing with you winds here. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

wwwUntitled.jpg

@Sweet_Serenity  What are you talking about? I am just sharing with you the insanity of winds Key West is having to deal with and how long/duration. 

Exactly! What I'm sharing with you. Clarification winds here. 

@Sweet_Serenity I guess your post confused me when you wrote "We are not on the west coast once again".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

wwwUntitled.jpg

@Sweet_Serenity I guess your post confused me when you wrote "We are not on the west coast once again".

Trying to explain why winds are not expected as bad here. Lets pray for everyone in Florida regardless of where located.Time to workout. Look forward to coming back reading your updates and helpful information.🙋

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

wwwUntitled.jpg

Trying to explain why winds are not expected as bad here. Lets pray for everyone in Florida regardless of where located.

@Sweet_Serenity  I knew that from your 1st post when you mentioned it the 1st time...lol The storm is just beginning...so sad.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

I thought of you. 

'Aren't you in FL now? 

Are you Ok?

PLEASE check in.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

IRMA is a four letter word. Smiley Frustrated

We've got to live smarter. In my area all the major medical facilities (high intensity trauma unit, cancer facilities, etc.) are all centered downtown. I can understand why that happened originally; but it's well past time to look at moving those facilities to higher ground. In a flooding disaster it does no good if your main hospitals are under water.

I remember learing in school many moons ago that the barrier islands serve a purpose-to help protect the mainland from storms and inundation. And then we built on them, and we built BIG.

Sorry, just thinking out loud here. Not enough sleep lately has my thoughts a bit scattered and rambling.

But I do believe we can do better.

Never mistake kindness for weakness