Frequent Contributor

I recently ordered a set of three masks from Amazon.  It was stated MADE IN USA and was sold by Kimmie & Cammie.  The masks are 95% cotton & 5% spandex and are black.  It also came with free shipping.  I received them within a week and I think they will be fine. 

Hope this helps anyone looking for USA made masks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

[ Edited ]

Considering that OP ordered from Zulily, my expectation would be that likely the mask was made in China.

I ordered masks from Etsy so I knew they were made in the USA.  Also ordered neck gaiters (since they serve dual purpose and the men in my house prefer them) from Get Stuck which are made in North Carolina

Honored Contributor

I would imagine that they would be quite good at making masks in China, to be honest.    I think I have both but sometimes the USA-made ones are a bit awkward because Americans are fairly new at it.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

Wow. I'm looking at directions for pleated masks, and it says you can get 12 to 15 masks from one yard of fabric. I'm assuming that's 44/45" width. That's a lot of masks from what's often just $3 to $5 a yard. I know that the thread and hard-to-find elastic add to the materials cost, but the most expensive component is the labor. I wonder how fast a person could churn out masks if he or she had some practice.

If I were a seamstress with lots of connections in my community, I'd set up a custom mask operation. The customer supplies the fabric and I'd create the masks. 

@noodleann 

Where are you finding decent fabric for $3 to $5 a yard?  I sew, and I don't see those prices even on the remnant bolts. 
Never mind - I just saw your reply to another poster.  I would have been afraid to order fabric from ebay.  Good to hear that there are quality fabrics to be had.  I'll have to give it a look.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Wow. I'm looking at directions for pleated masks, and it says you can get 12 to 15 masks from one yard of fabric. I'm assuming that's 44/45" width. That's a lot of masks from what's often just $3 to $5 a yard. I know that the thread and hard-to-find elastic add to the materials cost, but the most expensive component is the labor. I wonder how fast a person could churn out masks if he or she had some practice.

If I were a seamstress with lots of connections in my community, I'd set up a custom mask operation. The customer supplies the fabric and I'd create the masks. 

@noodleann 

Where are you finding decent fabric for $3 to $5 a yard?  I sew, and I don't see those prices even on the remnant bolts. 
Never mind - I just saw your reply to another poster.  I would have been afraid to order fabric from ebay.  Good to hear that there are quality fabrics to be had.  I'll have to give it a look.  

I've been on eBay for many years, but I always check to see that the seller is registered in the U.S. Then I check feedback and read the negatives and neutrals, if there are any. I look at the rest of the seller's stock. I've bought most of my fabric from sellers who specialize in that type of goods, whether it's quilt fabric or dress goods or decorator fabric. You have to be careful that you're buying a yard and not a fat quarter, but that's usually clear. 

I've never had a fabric deal go bad on eBay. I bought out the stock of a seller who had vintage decorator yardage designed by the late Maxime de la Falaise, mother of Loulou. Maxime was a special woman. She fed lobster to her roses. I love those fabrics even though the venture they were intended for didn't materialize.

I have a room full of fabric. It's both delightful and shameful, because I HAVE it but I'm not USING it. I like to look at it. Oh well.

Respected Contributor

@Auntie CC 

Why is the joke on you because the masks you ordered were made in China? If you didn't do your homework, that's on you [and not the fault of the country providing you with masks you evidently couldn't find here].

And what's up with "Apple opening stores" in China and "selling" Apple products there? Newsflash: Most of Apple's products are manufactured in China. 

Methinks the "important news" was more fearmongering about the virus than "buy American" bravado. And if that's the case, viruses lingering on masks after a 30-day boat ride should be the last thing people fret about.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann 

I've been on eBay for many years, but I always check to see that the seller is registered in the U.S. Then I check feedback and read the negatives and neutrals, if there are any. I look at the rest of the seller's stock. I've bought most of my fabric from sellers who specialize in that type of goods, whether it's quilt fabric or dress goods or decorator fabric. You have to be careful that you're buying a yard and not a fat quarter, but that's usually clear. 

I've never had a fabric deal go bad on eBay. I bought out the stock of a seller who had vintage decorator yardage designed by the late Maxime de la Falaise, mother of Loulou. Maxime was a special woman. She fed lobster to her roses. I love those fabrics even though the venture they were intended for didn't materialize.

I have a room full of fabric. It's both delightful and shameful, because I HAVE it but I'm not USING it. I like to look at it. Oh well.

Wow!  I stand in awe of your fabric stash @noodleann . She who dies with the most fabric wins, lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett