Honored Contributor

Re: IMO QVC is Skewing Younger

@BalletBabe wrote:

They will never get the younger crowd. 

#1  The clothes they sell are NOT what the younger people want.  The prices are ridiculous.The younger crowds do not wear layers of clothing.

#2 They are not going to sit and watch QVC. Actually unless you enjoy a 24 hr infomercial, No one wants to. 

#3 The younger groups will not tolerate their posts being deleted.

#4 They will NEVER pay the high food prices that QVC wants.

#5  When QVC started people stayed home with their kids.  Today everyone works.  No one has time to watch a 24 hour infomercial.

#6 There is a ton of online places to shop online.  It wasn't like that when QVC started. 

#7  Do you think any young person is going to wait weeks for a order?

ITA with all of this.  That's why I'm gobsmacked that they seem to be going for the younger crowd.  I get it that we will all age out of, well life, at some point sooner than later.   But if they want the younger crowd they need to change every single thing.

Respected Contributor

They should replace any host over 40 if they want to attract younger shoppers. And hire a bunch of influencers. 
I can't see QVC being around five years from now. 

Respected Contributor

I see that QVC posted a social media strategist position recently on Linked In and mentioned knowledge of TikTok. Doesn't that have a really young demographic, like under 18? 

Respected Contributor

Skewing younger? Hilarious!

Ever seen the audience at a Q event? Quite old!

Respected Contributor

I looked up TikTok demographics and 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, and 40-49 are all close. Only 50+ was different with only 11% of users.

QVC also was looking for experience with producing content for Instagram Reels, which I would guess has a wide age group of users.

Valued Contributor

Wonder what the age of this new CEO is. Probably grew up with technology and a phone glued in his hand.  Ferget about us oldies, but one day he will be outdated also .Outdated happens fast nowadays.

Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I see that QVC posted a social media strategist position recently on Linked In and mentioned knowledge of TikTok. Doesn't that have a really young demographic, like under 18? 

Not at all. People of all ages are on TikTok and unfortunately, message boards are archaic. Social media is the thing now and that's the way we're headed. Everything will be done through social media. 

Esteemed Contributor

Mr. Rawlinson is 45.

Valued Contributor

My students are primarily twenty-something; my children are teen and pre-teen. Shopping via TV in general, and QVC in particular, are not on the radar of either group.

My mother is seventy. QVC has been a part of her viewing and shopping experience for more than twenty years. She enjoys the TV programming.

I won't say they will never get the younger group(s) to gravitate toward QVC, but I am sure that the model will have to change drastically for it to happen. Current hosts and programs will have to "age out" with my Mom's generation, as TV presentations of any kind will probably not attract anyone much younger.

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Not at all. People of all ages are on TikTok and unfortunately, message boards are archaic. Social media is the thing now and that's the way we're headed. Everything will be done through social media. 

Is this because you can do much more with the technology of social media, or because written language communication is less important? Or something else?