Honored Contributor

Re: IHOP Announces Name Change to 'IHOB'

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think I've eaten at IHOP twice in my life.

I want pancakes maybe once or twice a year.  We have a locally owned family restaurant that does pancakes so we go there the couple of times I decide I want pancakes.

If I want a pancake, I want pancakes with stuff.  I don't want a fat free pancake and I don't want a vegetable pancake or tofu pancake or any other such nonsense.  I want a pancake with walnuts in it or a banana nut pancake and yep.  I'm putting syrup on it too. 

Is it unhealthy?  You betcha.  But for the once or twice a year, I'm not worrying about it.      

Do these really exist?  Yuck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

International House of bunnies.

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I want pancakes maybe once or twice a year.  We have a locally owned family restaurant that does pancakes so we go there the couple of times I decide I want pancakes.

If I want a pancake, I want pancakes with stuff.  I don't want a fat free pancake and I don't want a vegetable pancake or tofu pancake or any other such nonsense.  I want a pancake with walnuts in it or a banana nut pancake and yep.  I'm putting syrup on it too. 

Is it unhealthy?  You betcha.  But for the once or twice a year, I'm not worrying about it.      

@Lipstickdiva

Once or twice a year?  WOW!  

I've had waffles for breakfast twice this week, and it's only Thursday  (with crispy bacon, butter and syrup).  I make pancakes a couple of times a month.  

I keep a supply of flavored syrup on hand.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Do these really exist?  Yuck.

@deepwaterdotter, I have no idea.  I made that all up because of some of the responses on here.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts exactly! You go, girl! Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could never understand why their scrambled eggs tasted so weird, but then I discovered that they add pancake batter to the eggs before cooking to make them fluffy. Ugh I don't like them. Plus, that scoop of batter just adds carbs to the carb free eggs.

I think the "b" stands for BURPS Woman Tongue

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I could never understand why their scrambled eggs tasted so weird, but then I discovered that they add pancake batter to the eggs before cooking to make them fluffy. Ugh I don't like them. Plus, that scoop of batter just adds carbs to the carb free eggs.

I think the "b" stands for BURPS Woman Tongue

Eewww...pancake batter in eggs is just gross:/

Super Contributor

An IHOP came to my neighborhood 15-20 years ago. I had eaten at one in the 70s in OKC, and loved it. So we took the kids.

I asked if the scrambled eggs were real or pasteurized/processed. The server said pasteurized, so I asked that ours be real. He didn't understand the difference, but complied. When he brought ours out, he said he was very surprised at the difference in appearance. 

I am very "into" whole foods, and would never knowingly have my kids eat anything but real eggs. Some people claim they can tell the difference between factory/free range eggs, but I'm not sure I can.

Nothing was said about pancake batter, perhaps that's more recent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was listening to the radio yesterday, and they said people in the know said it's burgers. I think it's Angus beef that will be hand formed. @

Honored Contributor

Burgers makes sense... and you know, especially because there aren't enough places out there already to get a burger... Guess they, like everyone else, is looking to expand their demographic... Don't think it'll work... I'm guessing this will be a flash in the pan, so to speak...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...