Honored Contributor

Re: IHOP Announces Name Change to 'IHOB'

I remember when Boston Chicken changed their name to Boston Market when they changed their menus to include other entrees.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps they want the name to reflect a less carbohydrate-loaded item than pancakes?  Could the "b" represent brunch?

Esteemed Contributor

Since their menu has long been about more than pancakes and breakfast I think it unlikely the "b" stands for breakfast.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Breakfast, biscuits and bacon!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last August my Granddaughter wanted her birthday brunch there since she is all things breakfast anytime anywhere.  I had not been in years and their Cheeseburger Omelet looked divine.  Since it had 1450 calories I stuck to the 55 plus choices.  Should have splurged all four of our breakfasts were so cold, pancakes so hard, and just plain pitiful that we ended up getting comped for the whole thing.  Nice but once I had made my decision I really wanted a steaming hot soft pancake drowning and dripping in butter and syrup.  I need to try them again after name change.  The Original Pancake House just reopened last month in our city after being gone for decades.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Barf?

Respected Contributor

baloney ?

Respected Contributor

I'd say "bad food," but then I guess it would have to be IHObf.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

This reminds me of the New Coke fiasco. The marketing folks convinced the powers that be to buy into this stuff. It garners attention for about a week and then it’s over. Perhaps the b really stands for bull****.

Honored Contributor

I never eat at the one we have anyway, the food the last time that I did go was cold, service was slow, and there are plenty of little fFamily Owned breakfast places around where you get a lot for you rmoney, and the service is excellent and food is great......I am surprised ours is still in business, although It is right near a Mall...