Respected Contributor

It was a stunt through and through. They got what they wanted, which was publicity and people talking about them. There's no need to feel betrayed or angry. Save your outrage for something that really affects your way of life.

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm in the mood for buckwheat pancakes!

Finally found a buckwheat mix in the supermarket.

'All in all', I've always enjoyed IHOP pancakes!.  Haven't tried their burgers yet.

@ROMARY------check out Kenyon's Grist Mill in operation since 1696.

That is where my family (for generations) has shopped.....It's the only pancake/buckwheat/corn meal, etc. that we use.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm in the mood for buckwheat pancakes!

Finally found a buckwheat mix in the supermarket.

'All in all', I've always enjoyed IHOP pancakes!.  Haven't tried their burgers yet.

so have i @ROMARY! i am always in the mood for breakfast!  a friend of mine tried a specialty burger last week. he gave it two thumbs up.

the IHoP (aka IHob) Ultimate Steakburger. the Mega-Monster: add bacon. Add onion rings.

ihob.jpg

I had heard the same thing. That the burgers were very good. Look forward to trying them.

Honored Contributor

never even a good stunt - it was stooopid from beginning to end

it was a BIG FLOP

who doesn't know that IHOP sells more than pancakes?

will their next stunt be IHOO 

for we sell omelets too

Valued Contributor

It just rubs me the wrong way that they used the news media (which is pretty much a farse anyway) to pull a prank to advertise their burgers.  I just think it was wrong!!

Honored Contributor
All they did was flip the p to a b....no commitment there or they would have put up new signs....I didn't go there for the burgers and won't be going for the pancakes....they aren't even on my radar.
Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

So dumb.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shocking-ihop-admits-it-faked-ihob-name-change/

Ya think?

I wouldnt eat at our local IHOP. Its filthy.