Respected Contributor

I cant believe everyone didnt know- where I live, which is also where IHOP is headquartered, the President of IHOP went on our local news to explain that it WAS a stunt..THAT day...

Frequent Contributor

They said from day one that this was a ploy to draw attention to their burgers.  Yes, it was dumb, but not a scam.

Honored Contributor

I’ve had enough fake news to last a lifetime. I’m not sure the mood of consumers is up for “stunts”. They may have shot themselves in the foot. After the “big reveal” dies down, so may the lines for burgers at a restaurant made famous for serving pancakes.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I cant believe everyone didnt know- where I live, which is also where IHOP is headquartered, the President of IHOP went on our local news to explain that it WAS a stunt..THAT day...

Yep..not a big deal to me.  Their intention was to get publicity for another area of their business that wasn't in the spotlight.  They did so.  I wasn't deceived and don't hold it against them.  

Valued Contributor
I never believed it. There’s no way those corporate execs could be that stupid.....IHOP, IHOB, doesn’t matter to me anyway. Either way they still make good breakfasts. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Honored Contributor

If it were a real name change it would have been planned at least a year in advance and would have been rolled out as a done deal at all the locations. A thing like this is well researched and committed to, not just shopped around. Branding is a very serious decision. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I’ve had enough fake news to last a lifetime. I’m not sure the mood of consumers is up for “stunts”. They may have shot themselves in the foot. After the “big reveal” dies down, so may the lines for burgers at a restaurant made famous for serving pancakes.

DUH DUH DUH and DUH !

ThIs is not fake news this is no news........If you enjoy their food, eat there.

Who the "fluctuation" cares ? A rose by any other name..........

Respected Contributor

DUH!!!!

Honored Contributor

A scam is a scam is a scam.  I very rarely went to IHOP but I sure won't again.

Honored Contributor

Why would anyone care???