Honored Contributor

I thought this was a stunt from the start. They have too much brand recognition to make a change now.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care one way or the other, but find the whole thing stupid.

Honored Contributor

I don't want to use the word 'duh' because it's pretty rude, but was there anybody who actually thought this was anything but?

It was for publicity to emphasize a new product line and that was about it.   I think they did it brilliantly.

All that said, I don't go there either and so I don't much care but I don't think any of it was nefarious.    It just was what it was.  Nothing more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I think it was supposed to be a real name change until they got so much bad press they decided to call it a stunt 

I'm not buying that at all. It was a stunt from the beginning. No company advertises a major name and branding change without changing a single physical location. They didn't even buy the ihob.com domain name which would have been a monumental failure on the part of any business. 

@Alison Wonderland Ah ha. Not claiming the ihob.com domain would be a strong clue that the name was an advertising gimmick.  Initially I thought the change might be real, but there's an Ihop near my home and the sign was never changed.  A few weeks ago I was in the restaurant and joked that the sweetener packets and other things labeled ihop should be changed.  I was given a wink and told the ihob promotion was for the summer burger specials. 

Valued Contributor

OH NO!  Feeling lied to and betrayed by IHOP? Someone alert the church elders!!! 🤣

Honored Contributor

I didn’t have any reason not to believe them and honestly, I don’t ever eat there so it’s kind of a big whatevs to me. Stupid, nonetheless. 

Honored Contributor

They failed miserably.🍔

Honored Contributor
They would do anything to try and bring more customers into their irrelevant restaurant now...desperation. I think most people figured it was a stunt anyway since all they did was flip the p to a b....hardly a permanent commitment to a new name. Their next promo is 60 cent pancakes for their 60th anniversary celebration....They will still make money charging 60 cents....about 50 cents more than I would pay.
Honored Contributor

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

It was pretty much a given that it was... Nothing more than a promotion to introduce a few new burgers to a menu that in many instances appears to have been revamped for the worse... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...