Trusted Contributor

IHOB was a stunt.

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

Trust nothing or no one.  I think this "stunt" was down right dishonest.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: IHOP was a stunt.

[ Edited ]

Golly geeze.

I had stationery & t-shirts made & everything...man.

(sarcasm)

🤦‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Trust nothing or no one.  I think this "stunt" was down right dishonest.

I agree.  I don't know why they can't just be honest and upfront.  I also do not see how they improved business.

Respected Contributor

Proposed new name:

International House of Betrayal

Honored Contributor

did anyone really think they were permanently changing their name? it was mostly to introduce their new burgers.

i always just thought it was a marketing ploy.....pretty much what many major businesses use to get people talking.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think it was supposed to be a real name change until they got so much bad press they decided to call it a stunt 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I don't feel any dishonesty.  I never thought it would be a permanent name change....only a temporary name change to introduce a new product line.

Honored Contributor

I saw an IHOP commercial on TV 2 days ago saying that it was just a prank.

The photos of them changing IHOP signs on businesses, that were shown online, were all photo shopped.

Pretty expensive and elaborate prank. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think it was pretty obvious the public was not happy with a change to IHOB, just to add more burgers to their menu.   It certainly succeeded in people talking about the chain, and drew in some curious customers, but the drama wasn’t worth a permanent name change.