Honored Contributor

IF you are thinking of using Q's return label to return jewelry.....

FYI I sent back two piece of jewelry today (in their respective boxes) together inside the same envelope and the first class postage - which now includes free tracking - cost me $3.74 for both items.  It's crazy to use their label - you can only use it for one item and what's it - $5.95 or $6.95 deducted from your total?  Mine came to less than $2 per item to send back.

Trusted Contributor

Re: IF you are thinking of using Q's return label to return jewelry....

Did this also include the cost of insurance ?  

Honored Contributor

Re: IF you are thinking of using Q's return label to return jewelry.....

Insured?

Honored Contributor

For small items, it does make sense to not use the label.

I have to return a pair of slippers, so 6.95 sounds about right.  However, these slippers are so oversized, I'd like to get the return shipping fee waived....have tried calling CS all day, and only get busy signals.  Just sent an email.....

Honored Contributor

@sktchy   No, just the free tracking.  I've not had a problem and don't insure. Even though twice in the past - with several years separating each incident -  I had to start an "investigation" into where an item was, which the P.O. tracked down (using the tracking number) and found in each case.  I have always used tracking / delivery confirmation even though I used to have to pay for it.   

Honored Contributor

@sktchySorry -  I didn't notice you had asked this question before I posted mine.

I suspect there was no insurance, so once again people are comparing apples and oranges which doesn't interest me at all.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sktchy   No, just the free tracking.  I've not had a problem and don't insure. Even though twice in the past - with several years separating each incident -  I had to start an "investigation" into where an item was, which the P.O. tracked down (using the tracking number) and found in each case.  I have always used tracking / delivery confirmation even though I used to have to pay for it.   

Did you go to the Counter for assistance or did you use the 24 hour kiosk inside the post office.  I do not remember the insurance being expensive.  I think I would just do an inquiry - just to be nosey if you have the option.

I did have 1 return item and one item lost in delivery YEARS AGO.  After those experiences I always insuranced everything.

Thanks for taking time to post.

Honored Contributor

@PearleeI understand why you didn't insure, but there's no way I'd be sending anything ex[ensive without some insurance and I'm just tired of posters basing companies for apples and organes comparisons.  Even if you didn't want to buy the insurance yourself, if you'd said "I could have added insurance for $XYZ, but chose not to" then you'd have a fair compariosn.

As it stands, there's nothing in what you did that I'd do and I just don't find that post helpful at all although I suppose some people need to be reminded they can assume the risk themselves of returning without paying for insurance and save a bit.  Not something I'd be doing during this season when shipping is crazy no matter how carefully you work.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

FYI I sent back two piece of jewelry today (in their respective boxes) together inside the same envelope and the first class postage - which now includes free tracking - cost me $3.74 for both items.  It's crazy to use their label - you can only use it for one item and what's it - $5.95 or $6.95 deducted from your total?  Mine came to less than $2 per item to send back.

I agree with you Pearley...   You better believe that if you use QVC's methods of return it will cost you more than if you pay for the return yourself (no matter what some of the other posters say)......

Trusted Contributor

I don't make that many returns to QVC and I prefer to use their return label.  To me, it's worth a couple of dollars more.

When it is scanned at the post office, it's tracking number goes right into the Newgistics system.  Newgistics is the company QVC uses for returns and tracking.  Because the return is scanned into the system, QVC also has access to it.

If something becomes lost, or is delayed, QVC knows that it has been returned.  Once, when something was delayed, QVC issued my refund without having to wait until the item arrived at their warehouse.

This is good insurance for me, and worth a few extra dollars.  I don't need to worry if something "disappears" enroute. 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"