Honored Contributor

Re: IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE WINDOWS 10 FORCED INSTALL...

@Gokat

Well, @Gokat, your efforts have now saved the sanity of my neighbor who was being assaulted by Windows 10 upgrade notices!     Thanks again!   lol

Respected Contributor

Spread the word, @Tinkrbl44Woman LOL  Knowledge is P O W E R !!!  Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Esteemed Contributor

A little off topic but this reminds me; I just bought (2 weeks ago), a new Dell 17 inch laptop at Best Buy that has windows 10. (I had windows 7). I cant stand windows 10 and am not thrilled with the laptop in comparism to the laptops we got from QVC.

From here on, DH and I will be buying (any more laptops we get) from QVC. I know people say there are better deals elsewhere. Sure I got a deal at BB, but Im not totally happy w the laptop. So IMO Id rather pay a little more to get more if you get my drift. I am keeping the laptop, (even though I thought of taking it back) but lesson learned.

PS) My old laptop was 7 yrs old and everything works EXCEPT the screen broke. DHs is 6 yrs old and still going strong. Both from QVC!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's really too bad, @Shorty2U, and sure wouldn't be the way I'd want to start out with a new computer.  You may want to reconsider returning it/exchanging it as you'll probably only get more dissatisfied as time goes on, if you're already feeling that way.  BTW, there is a Classic Shell that can be downloaded to Windows 10 that will mimic Windows 7, if that would help.  Just Google Windows 10 Classic Shell.  HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I love 'Classic Shell' and started using it when Win8 came along with those silly pictures.  Plus, I couldn't find anything.   They make a lot of those 'apps' and stuff where you can't even get rid of them.  

but the 'Classis Shell' made it where I could avoid that, have a desktop and 'start' button, and find all my stuff.    Great software, that!  Plus, I always liked having the 'Quick Launch' thing that went away as of Win7 and that's also easy to get back.

I was also bummed that, with Win8/8.1, you didn't have the solitaire game anymore that Windows always had.  I did find a way to get it on there.

I just hope that when/if I have to get a new computer, I can still do all those things with Win10.   As long as I can have those things, I'll probably be fine with it.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt 

Windows 10 has a whole gamut of card games Klondike (regular solitaire);

Free Cell; Tri-Peaks; Pyramid; Spider Solitaire & Mahjong; Jig Saw; Minesweeper Treasure Hunt & Jack Pot.  

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

JustJazzmom wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Windows 10 has a whole gamut of card games Klondike (regular solitaire);

Free Cell; Tri-Peaks; Pyramid; Spider Solitaire & Mahjong; Jig Saw; Minesweeper Treasure Hunt & Jack Pot.  

Thank You so much for that information!   I'm not actually a 'gamer', but I just like to play regular old solitaire.  Smiley Wink   Part of it is because I'm starting to have a lot of problems with focus, thought continuity, and memory.   Playing solitaire makes me focus and engage my brain in trying to move/think quickly, etc.

I know it probably seems silly.  But it's just basic exercise that I think helps me and I enjoy it.

Even with Win7 and Win8.1 there were still games, but they took the solitaire out. . Maybe I'm the only one who still plays it.  hehe Smiley Happy  At least I was able to find out how to add it.  It's not just a matter of instlaling, but it's kind of a convoluted procedure that puts it back into Windows.

Glad to know that Win10 seems to have added it back in!    I don't know what the one I have always used is called, though.  It's just the one that was always in Windows computers before they removed it in recent years.