Respected Contributor

IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE WINDOWS 10 FORCED INSTALL...

[ Edited ]

For anyone interested in preventing the forced install of Windows 10 for whatever reason...I posted a thread in the Electronics section awhile ago, FIX FOR FORCED WINDOWS 10 INSTALL" to share a GWX Control Program that will block the updates for the install.  The GWX Program is presented and explained in my opening post there.  HTH'sWoman Happy 

If Windows 10 has installed on your computer already, you'll need to uninstall it first.  That is accomplished at the Start Menu in Windows 10, and you have 30 days to do so.  Once you uninstall Win 10, I also suggest you use a cleaner (CC Cleaner freebie is what I used) and also run the Register cleaner (within CC Cleaner)as MS leaves behind files that can slow down your computer.Woman Wink

This aggressive approach by MS has been known for awhile and some of us have been dealing with it longer than others.  July 29th is the cutoff date for the free version of Win 10 so hopefully when a price tag is added this annoying, aggressive behavior can stop.

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

Re: IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE WINDOWS 10 FORCED INSTALL...

@Gokat

I just want to say that this program works great, and I want to thank @Gokat  for her effort ...  and helping us out.

Honored Contributor

@Gokat

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/IF-YOU-DO-NOT-WANT-THE-WINDOWS-10-FORCED-INSTALL/m-p/2812...

Go here.. @has provided us with the answer@Gokat 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

For what it's worth, I use a Dell desk-top only a couple of years old, and my Windows 8 system slowly started breaking down several months ago.  It was so slow and certain things were difficult to get going.

I did not want to change but it was such a hassle, I had my daughter install Windows 10 for me.  All of the problems immediately disappeared and I've had no problems with Windows 10.

Honored Contributor

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36367221

image.jpeg

More tricks from Micrisoft ... Clicking the red X causes the download!

Honored Contributor

Yes I learned my lesson on this one, I upgraded and had it taken out the next day

I noticed that when I go to IE there is a message asking me if I want it,  I just x it out and it goes away.

Honored Contributor

@Gokat@Tinkrbl44

Thank you again, @Gokat for helping us on this. The program works beautifully!

Respected Contributor

This obviously is not for you, @Noel7 , since you've already upgraded and are satisfied.

Many of us are not in the same boat for various reasons.  This little program just gives an additional option.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Looks like you're on the hunt, @LTT1.  You should start a thread with all your findings!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Gokat

lovestoteach: Investigative Reporter! HAHA LOL