Honored Contributor

I didn't realize that identical quadruplets were quite so rare.   Somehow I missed out on seeing these charmers, whose 3rd birthday is coming up in March.

A past photo of the Marr brothers, during a busy day of helping Mom with housework.   Hardy, Harrison, Henry, Hudson.   Names are not in order-- I have no idea which is which!

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 10.20.31 PM.png 

While very, very similar, it's funny how their little individual personalities keep them from looking totally, absolutely "identical" to each other-- at least to me.

Cuties. 

Honored Contributor

Can you just imagine have four little boy toddlers at the same age and at the same time?  Makes me tired just thinking about it.  I hope mom has help.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They are adorable. I had to look them up to see more pictures.

The Marr, the merrier: Identical quadruplet North Texas boys celebrate 1st  birthdays

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Did the article say whether these identical cuties were the result of a fertility procedure or just happened naturally?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I had not realized these little ones were born either. I think a fertilized egg split and then each part split again creating 4 embryos. That would indeed be a rare occurrence. 

Respected Contributor

Adorable!

When I looked after my grands when babies/toddlers, I was exhausted at the end of the day.

I cannot imagine taking care of FOUR!!!!!

Just feeding and getting them down for naps would be a monumental chore.  Hopefully, there are grandparents and other family members near them.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

OH SO CUTE!!  This takes me back 13 years ago when my son and DIL had triplets....all boys!  They were so adorable like this at different ages.  It was "all hands on deck" for a few years!  We worked in shifts helping out.  Hard to believe my guys will enter high school in the Fall.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would have to keep nametags on them at all times.  I would have to think that any multiple births, twins or more, that there might be a mix up as to who is who.  Can you imagine bringing them home from the hospital, and their tags are off, and you have to figure out their birth order?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: IDENTICAL QUADRUPLETS

[ Edited ]

Aw, @walker ,  triplet 13 year old boys--  you are very lucky!

Edited to add--   I had written out a longer response, and somehow it vanished into the ether!  Will reconstruct--

@shoesnbags,   I didn't catch whether they were a 'spontaneous' occurrence or not.  It would be interesting to know.

@Iwantcoffee--  what precious pictures of them at different stages!  Thanks for finding!

Honored Contributor

Re: IDENTICAL QUADRUPLETS

[ Edited ]

Well, they obviously do have help with that furry cutie in the middle😄

Thay are all adorable!

I do think they look a little different even though they are identical.

I bet the parents can recognize them. 

@walker, What was your experience? Were you and the parents able to recognize each little one? That must be so amazing to have them in high school-3 wonderful boys growing up!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"