Honored Contributor

Re: ICU nurse - are there any theories?

@Nancy Drew wrote:

So they couldn't even get her specialty correct. What is she , an ICU nurse or traveling nurse?

@Nancy Drew    The news reports are correct, she's an ICU nurse who travels from job to job.  There was a lot of publicity about such nurses at the height of the pandemic.  Hospitals hired them short-term during critical staff shortages paying them as much as $150/hr.  The hospitals may not have known about her history but if she worked for an agency, they should have checked her out.

If she had such a dismal driving record, I wonder if she had insurance?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

How truly horrible.  I'm amazed this wasn't reported by the networks.  Haven't heard a word about it. 

It was all over Fox News the day it happened-very tragic; horrible video.

@Karie2022    I do not watch Fox News.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

"I do not watch Fox News".

Guess that's why you missed it. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I read it on ABC news and some other national news. I think you had to catch it on the few days.

I just read the headlines because I can't read too much more of more tragedies.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Kachina624 

hckynut  🇺🇸

I don't watch Fox news, either.

I don't watch any news programs on TV.

I get my news online.

Valued Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

Are we allowed to post links? I don't know so I'll paste the main points.......

ICU nurse, 37, cries in court after being charged with six counts of MURDER: She faces 90-year prison sentence after 100mph LA crash killed pregnant mother, her unborn baby, her one-year-old son and FOUR others

• ICU nurse Nicole Linton, 37, was charged with six counts of murder on Monday
  • The LA County DA also charged her with five counts of vehicular manslaughter 
  • Linton was allegedly driving about 100mph when she slammed into traffic
  • The crash left six dead including pregnant mother Asherey Ryan, 23
  • Ryan was pronounced dead at the scene alongside her one-year-old child Alonzo Luchiano Quintero and her unborn baby boy 
  • Reynold, the father of Ryan's unborn son, was also killed in the fiery crash
  • If convicted as charged, Linton faces up to 90 years in prison 

There's video of the crash, unbelievable, she never touched her brakes or so it appears.

ETA:  so bizarre; usually a crash of this magnitude, you would expect a drunk driver but they say there is no evidence of booze in her system.

Oh my gosh yes.   I didn't know what you were referring to at first, but I did see the video of the crash online.  Unbelievably horrendous is all I can say.  I'm surprised she survived the crash.  She just straight up sped 100 mph into traffic.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Zernia Rose   She had been involved in 13 other crashes over a period of time so probably not a phychological break.

@KathyM23 

I hadn't heard anything about her driving record. If those are facts, how can this woman still have a valid drivers license? If so, I can't imagine what her Liabilty Car Insurance cost her.

If she is legally able to drive? I think that State needs its criteria checked for who is allowed to drive on Public  Roadways.

I have driven for over 67 years and have never been the driver in any collision, and this woman now had 14?  Crazy!  😡

hckynut  🇺🇸

Sadly, many people don't bother to have insurance. A guy totalled our car. We were crossing the Roosevelt Boulevard and we had the green light. A guy with no insurance T-boned our car. 

The door smashed into me.  

So we ended up losing our car.  We had just dropped liability insurance and he got to walk away with not even a ticket. He left his car in the middle of the Boulevard and called a friend to pick him up. And he just walked away.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Kachina624 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn    That would seem to make sense.

Valued Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Zernia Rose   She had been involved in 13 other crashes over a period of time so probably not a phychological break.

@KathyM23 

I hadn't heard anything about her driving record. If those are facts, how can this woman still have a valid drivers license? If so, I can't imagine what her Liabilty Car Insurance cost her.

If she is legally able to drive? I think that State needs its criteria checked for who is allowed to drive on Public  Roadways.

I have driven for over 67 years and have never been the driver in any collision, and this woman now had 14?  Crazy!  😡

hckynut  🇺🇸

Sadly, many people don't bother to have insurance. A guy totalled our car. We were crossing the Roosevelt Boulevard and we had the green light. A guy with no insurance T-boned our car. 

The door smashed into me.  

So we ended up losing our car.  We had just dropped liability insurance and he got to walk away with not even a ticket. He left his car in the middle of the Boulevard and called a friend to pick him up. And he just walked away.

In most states he would have at least gotten a ticket for leaving the scene of an accident.

Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic I read this story online yesterday.