Honored Contributor

Re: I would value your opinion

I ordered two tops in February.  When they came by UPS in March I held them for over a week before opening the package.  As soon as I opened them I laundered the tops.  Before doing all this I checked on the amount of time the virus remains on all kinds of surfaces from cardboard to plastic to material to stainless steel, etc., and even then added days to my timeframe.

If the jacket can be laundered I'd do the above.  If it needs to be drycleaned I'd probably hold off.  Your decision.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Lysol kills almost all viruses and does not hurt most  fabrics.

Also, if you love the jacket, make it yours--life is too short!

Respected Contributor

I've let packages sit in the garage for days.  DH picked them up off porch with wipes and put in basement for me.  When I did get ready to open them, I sprayed with Lysol first and then washed my hands.  Go for it!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am ordering more. I have been opening my boxes outside and bringing in my purchases and washing my hands when I get the stuff in. 

Honored Contributor

I open my clothing packages in the garage using rubber gloves and immediately put packaging in the garbage can.  I'm not worried about inner package as virus doesn't live that long.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

If you need a jacket buy it if you can afford it.

Super Contributor

Thank you all so much for your replies and opinions.

I am already taking precautions with everything including wiping down pieces of mail, so I definitely would wipe down this package.  I guess if I don't go ahead and order, the jacket will be sold out and I'll regret not buying it.

The answer really is simple, but in my "stir crazy" state of mind it is nice to hear other opinions, too.

Thanks again, and be safe.

Trusted Contributor

Just leave the package in your garage or utility room for 3 days.

Esteemed Contributor

One of the “experts” on TV said the likelihood of getting sick from anything that is delivered is extremely low. I have continued to order things and don’t worry about it, other than the fact that I should not be spending any money on things I don’t absolutely need.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Fona wrote:

For a while I have had my eye on a lovely jacket but it was rather pricey.  Now it is on sale at a good price and I really would like to buy it - BUT somehow I am hesitating about the safety of ordering in these uncertain times.

I would really like to hear how other posters are feeling about this.

Many thanks - and stay safe.

@Fona 

Ordering is pretty safe. Opening the packages is pretty safe. You just need to obsessively wash your hands well and not touch your face. 

I’m not buying clothes are this time because I’m staying home and have no idea if or when it will be safe to go back to “normal” living. When/where do you plan to wear the jacket?