Respected Contributor

Re: I would love to know what your first car was!

A 1966 Mustang, Tahoe Turquoise.  Brand new it was $2200. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dad had a Pontiac Tempest.  It was almost an olive-ish green.  I loved that car and even though it was not the model of the car in the Batman tv show, there was something about the grill and headlights that reminded me of the batmobile (I was a little kid at the time).

Image result for 1966 pontiac tempest

There was nothing wrong with that car when he decided to get a Dodge Polara.

Image result for 1971 dodge polara

When he brought that new car home I cried.  I think I was 9 at the time and I said, you traded in the batmobile for that?

I refused to get in that car for the longest Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My first car was a midnight blue Buick Skylark.  My uncle knew the people who owned the dealership and said he could get a good deal for me.  I was in college at the time.  While the car was nice looking , it ended up being a problem the longer I had it. 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop   Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

A 1966 Mustang, Tahoe Turquoise.  Brand new it was $2200. 

@Catty2  I had that exact car!  it was the second car I ever bought.  At the time I loved that turquoise color.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reva wrote:

A 1969 candy apple red mustang!!  Had graduated from high school and just started working at our local college.  It was a year old and I believe I paid $4,000.  Absolutely loved that car and can still remember that awesome feeling when they handed me the keys and I drove it off the lot!!!  Felt like a real hot shot!  

@Reva 

Bought my 1970 Mustang Mach1 brand new(actually ordered it) with lots of options. It cost me less than $3200, and I still have the window sticker. Was my 4th vehicle from the Dealership, I knew the owner, and paid only $100 over their cost. Was a great car, but I preferred Sky Blue when I ordered it, with white leather interior. Hot? It was when I sold it with the Flame Paint Job.      =^..^=

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

My first car was a used British racing green MGB.  I bought it without even knowing how to drive a stick so my friend had to drive it home until I learned how to drive it.  Oh, youth!

Honored Contributor

It was a used Ford Pinto.  I don't remember the year but it was few years old when I got it.  It was a hatchback and it was all mine.  I didn't have to share it like with my brother!  I paid for half of it myself and my father tried to talk me out of it because I think Pintos had a bad reputation.  But mine was quite dependable and I loved it.  

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4Lime green Ford Pinto !!!!!,  Yikes !!!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

1977 Midnight Blue Camero ........ Bought new