Respected Contributor

I would love to know what your first car was!

I don't remember the last time we did a post on cars.

I am a real car nut especially muscle cars so what was your first car? Pics please...

Mine was a 69 dodge coronet 500 that I bought just out of high school just like the pic below. I had to buy my own car & had fallen in love with muscle cars. I had always wanted a corvette since a gf got a new one from her parents in high school. 

I did end up with 4 corvettes in the 70s and they weren't that expensive for a used one or even a new one. I drive a big truck now lol

Dodge Coronet 500 2-Door Hardtop 383 V-8 4-bbl. 4-speed ( © FCA)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I would love to know what your first car was!

My first car out of college was a used VW.  Since I worked in Germany, that was quickly followed by a new Karmon Gia and next a Porsche.  For many years I bought a new car every two years; now we keep them until they drop.

Esteemed Contributor

A Silver 1977 Toyota Corolla Hatchback. My parents bought if for me used.It was a beautiful car with only about 20,000 miles on it.

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4   I had a Datsun 510 that I drove in high school.  My wonderful father kept it washed and full of gas and I was so clueless, I had no idea until years later.

What a fun little car it was!

This isn't it, but similar.  My boyfriend had a  beautiful blue 1969 Camaro - too bad I wasn't interested in cars until years later. 

unnamed.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

One of Detroit's-finest gas guzzlers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny .... I didn't learn to drive until after my husband died.  He did all the driving. 

I took driving lessons and got my license in 1990. My  father wanted a new car, so he gave me his Oldsmobile and got himself another.

So - my first and only car was "my father's Oldsmobile" .... I drove it until 1993 when I moved into Manhattan.  I passed the car along to my niece and haven't driven since.  I never did like driving.

I finally turned in my license for a non-driver ID this past June.  I don't need a car in Manhattan.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

B5F410FB-9A73-4281-984B-7E30D18CCF8B.jpegA Chevy Bel Air.  I got it in 1973....it was used, but I can't remember the year.   It was a good car.  Like driving a tank lol!

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@luvmyteddy4   I had a Datsun 510 that I drove in high school.  My wonderful father kept it washed and full of gas and I was so clueless, I had no idea until years later.

This isn't it, but similar.  My boyfriend had a  beautiful blue 1969 Camaro - too bad I wasn't interested in cars until years later. 

unnamed.jpg

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

unnamed.jpg

my last car was a 95 Camaro Z28, of course I wish I had kept them all now!

Honored Contributor

1974 Ford Mustang, brand new off the showroom floor, my first car i bought when I got my first full time job after college. It cost $4000. 

Regular Contributor

A brand new Toyota Corolla for 2,400 dollars!! It was a piece of ******!!!!