Esteemed Contributor

Re: I would be embarrassed if fellow drivers knew...

Me embarrassed?  Nope!

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I hope I don't hijack this fun thread, but I have to tell you my problem. I get songs stuck in my head.  Not for a while, but for days!  It's very irritating. Sometimes it even starts to hurt my brain after a while.  Because of this, I listen only to classical music in the car... no words!  Even so, I sometimes get the tunes stuck.  What can I tell you?  I'm weird.

How 'bout some instrumental New Age music as well?  

It's very relaxing. 

"Weird" is non-conforming, and therefore, unique and extra special.  8)

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

I hope I don't hijack this fun thread, but I have to tell you my problem. I get songs stuck in my head.  Not for a while, but for days!  It's very irritating. Sometimes it even starts to hurt my brain after a while.  Because of this, I listen only to classical music in the car... no words!  Even so, I sometimes get the tunes stuck.  What can I tell you?  I'm weird.

@house_cat

BF has the Peanuts song as his ring tone.  Does that count?

(Hope reading about it doesn't give you earworm, LOL).

Ahh... David Benoit's  jazz classic "Linus and & Lucy'.  8)

Love the video where the twin girls in purple dresses dance so adorably!

Honored Contributor

@Timey Wimey wrote:

Most of your songs aren't embarassing. They make mine reeeealy embarassing!   I listen to oldies. At at any given time, I might be belting out Rockin robin, Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow polka dot bikini, One-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater... you name it!  You do NOT want to hear me attempting Queens Bohemian Rhapsody. Trust me.

LOL

You would love this album:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002R8EESM/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&cond...

Esteemed Contributor

@VanSleepy - ah, but have you got the moves? Lol

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband keeps the 24-hour jazz station on Sirius ... so if we're traveling, and a vocal of any of my favorite jazz singers comes on ... namely Ella, Sarah, Carmen, Nat (you get the picture), I'm compelled to sing along ... it's just ingrained ... and I love the music of the jazz era.

Super Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Timey Wimey wrote:

Most of your songs aren't embarassing. They make mine reeeealy embarassing!   I listen to oldies. At at any given time, I might be belting out Rockin robin, Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow polka dot bikini, One-eyed one-horned flying purple people eater... you name it!  You do NOT want to hear me attempting Queens Bohemian Rhapsody. Trust me.

LOL

You would love this album:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002R8EESM/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&cond...

Hey, no fair!  I would love that album, haha.  It  had me at "Who put the Bomp..." Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

heck no, the car is the perfect place to sing. I listen to all different music from Pearl Jam to Johnny Cash. 

Esteemed Contributor

I listen to news radio in the car most of the time, but when I play music, it's usually Steely Dan. I could listen to them all day and night, especially Deacon Blues. "This is the day of the expanding man..."

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Channeling Bonnie Raitt here!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras