Trusted Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart - August 29 Update

I appreciate knowing that these measures are being taken. Thank you for providing us with such a detailed rundown, and thank you for the work you do assisting customers who rely on you.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD Well these measures aren't being taken at all WMs. We have to wipe down our own carts with paper towels (the brown commercial ones) and spray sanitizer. Last time I was there they'd run out of the paper towels and set out toilet paper rolls for us to use instead. 🙄
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update.  Do you think they'll get rid of the one-way track inside the store?  No other stores around here still do that.   Instead of being in the grocery dept in a minute or two, I have to walk through clothing, home goods, and who knows what else.

Trusted Contributor

@Libra2  I was thinking of you and wondering how you were. Glad to hear you are ok. Thank you so much for all you do. I appreciate you!! Please stay safe and well.  

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

Good to get your report, @Libra2 , and know you are well.  I'm sorry the mask is so irksome for lengthy wear, and can well imagine that.

Thank you, thank you so much for being an essential worker going in, day after day, making sacrifices and  doing your important job.  You are making your environment and your country better, and so many of us salute your efforts.

Honored Contributor

You are an inspiration.  When times were tough, you stuck it out.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 

You have a hard job and I thank you for what you do!!!  It's not an easy job even in the best of times.  I hope you haven't been getting too many nasty or rude customers.  I know that some people just want to take their nastiness out on the most available person and for no reason.  And the mask thing is still such a sore subject.  People still want to fight about it.  It's no fun for anyone but we need to do it.  Blessings! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I guess Walmart is trying to force people into self checkout. The last time I was there only 2 cashiers open and all the rest were self checkout. Sorry Walmart I don't work for you and I will not check myself out.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr. Our WMs never did the one-way track. Other stores here did and still do it but not our WMs. I notice in our stores that do, most people don't follow it.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@ValuSkr. Our WMs never did the one-way track. Other stores here did and still do it but not our WMs. I notice in our stores that do, most people don't follow it.

My Walmart has erected impenetrable barriers to prevent anyone from going off the track.  It gets a little more porous the further you go, but it's still ridiculous.  Like herding cattle.  I'm glad I have to go there only once in a blue moon.